Happy New Year

a.girl.named.max(4a)January 2, 2014

HB and I are looking forward to a great year. TIme for family, study, work, travel, dreaming, and hopefully lots of time for play. My New Year's resolution is to enjoy a few moments of contentment each day. That will be a challenge for my Type A personality.

Wishing all of you a great 2014.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Happy New Year to you too Max! Hope 2014 will be all that you hope and that you will have lots of time for creating! I'm afraid that our forum has become very quiet, but hopefully it will pick up when Spring arrives.

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 7:39PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

Yes, I noticed that it is very quiet. What's the reason or competition and how can we turn it around?

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 10:07PM
sunnyca_gw

Hoping 2014 will be better for everyone. Lots of things happened to folks I know last year so life gets in way sometimes. People are getting evicted as I think their unemployment checks were what was keeping them going so hope economy picks up soon out here & for all those struggling. 1 friend is now parenting grandkids so starting over, after 1 week of retirement. I lost my mom in Nov(she was almost 92 & passed easy) but so much to do after. But health is good & looking forward to "life on my own" after taking care of folks so long. Lots of projects for back yard waiting to get done but sorting through folks stuff will probably take me until spring or past. Dad was really good at storage places. Who knew!! Health & Happiness to all in 2014! Jan

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 11:13PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I am a little late to this post, but Happy New year to all!
I hope things here are better in 2014 too! I have had several appliances go out, car problems(under warrantee,thank goodness) pulled my right collar bone and rib out of place and all sorts of little things went wrong.
Now with the cold weather (19 degrees in NW Florida, and 24 tonight) and no heater working--parts ordered in December--I am glad of the New Year! LOL

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 1:58AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Happy New year!
I haven't been around much. My lap top died. Dh got me a new one plus a kindle fire for Christmas. So I'm hoping to post more.
I'm working ft again at a job with health benefit thank goodness. I'd love to sell craft s again to help salt away money to replace what we spent on 3years of cobra pmt s. I was a little upset that Dh got me this kindle fire tho I must admit I'm enjoying it. Also saving money for a trip to visit my niece I London spring of 2015 hopefully! I need to take pics of stuff I made last fall.
It will be nice to see what you all are up to again.
Kathy

Bookmark   January 16, 2014 at 7:34AM
More Discussions
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Sponsored Products
'A Happy Marriage' Personalized Canvas
$36.99 | zulily
Couristan Lahore Antique Rug - 12662466026126F
$799.00 | Hayneedle
Hudson Black 48-inch to 86-inch Curtain Rod
$65.95 | Bellacor
Melon Ball Lamontage Entry Mat
$59.00 | FRONTGATE
Campania International Celine Cast Stone Planter - P-628-AL
$69.99 | Hayneedle
Designers Fountain Ceiling Mounted Lighting Globe Collection 2 Light Flush
$16.20 | Home Depot
Safavieh Handmade Children's Pokka Dots Ivory N. Z. Wool Rug (6' Round)
Overstock.com
Matthews Fan Company | Kaye Wall Fan
$344.25 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™