Mothers day :)

auron22(6b OH)May 12, 2013

I don't really know if cut flowers or other typical mothers day gifts fall under houseplants, but i'd like to share with you guys anyway. I'm giving my mother a Julia child rose, hybrid begonia hanging basket, lewisia and a bouquet of lilacs. I'll post pics in the evening when i'm done celebrating.

What did you give/get for mothers day? Doesn't matter if there are no plants in the mix.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asleep_in_the_garden

Copied and pasted from the C&S forum:

I remember back in my childhood the family went to a church type camp every year at this time and how mother's day would wind up the weekend outing. It was a tradition of mine to present mom with ferns that I would dig up from the woods surrounding the camp and she would plant them in the backyard when we'd get back home. Now that I think about it,that's likely the very first gardening I'd ever taken any part in even if I wasn't involved in the re-planting. .....That counts,right?
Thanks for the memories! :)

....and happy mom's day to all you moms out there! :)

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 1:21PM
asleep_in_the_garden

Thanks Auron!

Can't wait for the pics!

Have a great day! :)

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 3:03PM
auron22(6b OH)

So srry for late response, I came home so late I fell asleep immediately. I've only been on my own for a few years, so I don't have much tradition for mothers day. Besides making really bad looking cards from construction paper and frantically looking for any flower blooming in the yard to pick when I was a child. I'm trying to build one up where every mothers day I purchase a plant for her yard. I promise i'll have pics, I took some but I can't find the camera right now....I hope I didn't leave it with her.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 7:24AM
asleep_in_the_garden

Naturally the first thought I have about cut flowers is...can I root any of that?

Hope your camera turns up. :)

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 5:44PM
auron22(6b OH)

Found it, although late....Here is the begonia. The picture does not know true color. It's orange with red rims. This pic just makes it look two toned pink to me :(

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 10:25AM
auron22(6b OH)

Lilac bouquet

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 10:26AM
auron22(6b OH)

Lewisia past it's peak of flowering, unfortunately. The flowers were bright orange with purple rims. I really need to learn how to use my camera so the colors show better...

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 10:29AM
asleep_in_the_garden

Or maybe you could use a photo manipulating type site and tweak it TO and not PAST "reality". IDK...those things can be fun on a slow day. :)

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Adenium seedlings
HI all, I haven't posted here in a couple years now......
ttkidd
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
Is bud blast of big-box store Phalaenopsis genetic?
I love houseplants. Phals make great houseplants. I...
jujujojo_gw
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™