Brown spots on leave of Fiddle Leaf Fig

aria1000May 25, 2013

Hello,

I purchased my first fiddle leaf fig about a month ago. I've wanted one for quite some time and finally bought one after doing some homework on how to care for them.

It's been doing great in a corner of our living room that receives good indirect light and no harsh drafts from the a/c. In fact, after 2 weeks it started to put on new growth and quickly acquired 3-4 new leaves.

Recently though, we've noticed that it is dropping some lower leaves. Some leaves also have brown spots.

I try to let it dry out a bit before watering. Usually when I notice the upper most leaf just start to droop.

Could I be overwatering? Or is it not receiving enough light? Or could it still be acclimating to its new environment?

Also, how often should I fertilize it?

Thank you for helping out a fiddle leaf fig newbie!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sarawr88

Idk whats wrong *new to plants* but just wanted to say your fiddle leaf fig is beautful. Hope someone more knowledgeable helps you out!

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 6:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Aria, it is a great looking plant! Getting a little more info would help with knowing what's going on with your plant. Would you be able to add a pic showing the pot/soil this plant is in? Does the pot have holes in it? Is there a drip saucer under or attached to the pot? Is it still in the same pot it came in?

If you look at some of the previous discussions here about this and other figs grown in pots, you may be able to spot/understand the problem.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Fiddle Leaf Fig Trunk Help
Hi, I recently purchased a Fiddle Leaf Fig and it’s...
Donnie
Low-e Windows Effect on Plants
We have lots of house plants. We wish to install energy...
peter_poet
Pilea Moonvalley - ID & Care
Just bought this plant. I'd appreciate ID confirmation...
bobv2
Jasmine plant in suspended animation
Hi all, Hubby bought me a little jasmine plant for...
vamtngranny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™