Mother Nature surprised us again!!

Lamora(4)May 30, 2013

Hi, don't know if you remember that Thanksgiving Cactus that my DH refused to throw away or not, kept it alive in a jar all this time, trying to root it, Me? I would have tossed it a long time ago~~

but look at what it did!! it has a few more blossems on it too!! I NEVER would have guess this would happen!!

I love Mother Nature!!
Marjie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Marjie, amazing. Is it Thanksgiving already?? :)

The flower is so pretty. Bet you're glad your dh kept it.

The root inside the jar looks gigantic! Is it my eyes are is that one huge root?

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 1:47PM
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

That is amazing. I would plant it soon

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 2:17PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

That's pretty cool! A very pretty flower. Awesomely inspiring to see such a large section take root. If it did that in water, I'm sure it would be possible in a pot also. Is DH unbearably smug about it? LOL! Why would you want to toss it? I would have wanted to propagate it, but would have made way too many plants out of it, a whole pot ghetto of them.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 9:28AM
Lamora(4)

Here she is NOW!! purttier!! lol

The reason I didn't take anything from it and start up more, is because at the time, I wasn't even getting my little starters growing, seemed to take forever. And it is my DH's and yes, he is very smug about it!! I guess I am lucky that he is on the road and I can't hear it-- lol.. But he will probibly want to soil it when it is done blooming. It has at least 4 more buds on it.

and purple-- this is a better shot of the "root" it is just now starting to root with little hair like roots, it was just a "stump" for lack of a better work

Am I glad he didn't toss it? maybe, the plant as a whole still looks sad, maybe soiling will help that...

Marjie~~ still amazed with it!

Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Dracaenas Identify & Care
Here are two plants that I know are Dracaenas but I...
bobv2
Brown Leaf Spots on Dracaena
Hi all, I have a dracaena fragrans that I bought at...
breadherring
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
What Makes for a Good House Plant?
As a novice gardener in zone 5, I've become rapidly...
SnowStorm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™