anyone know this plant?

phal_palMay 26, 2008

Does anyone know what this plant is? I bought it at lowes in a 4 inch pot and haven't got a clue to its identity. I looked through fifteen different houseplant books at the library and no luck. Please excuse the blurriness of the photo, when I resized it at photobucket it got a little messed up. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mr_subjunctive

I think it's a small rubber plant, Ficus elastica. Hard to be positive from the picture, but that's what it most resembles to me.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 3:21PM
rhizophora(8)

It could be a ficus cyastipula, they are starting to appear in the UK where I live. They look like Ficus elastica, but with smaller leaves, thinner stems and less conspicuous growth buds.

Bookmark   June 7, 2008 at 3:56AM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
I would guess some type of Ficus also . There are hundreds of varieties not to mention hybrids. method of culture can also have a significant difference in the appearance of the the plant.
Don't you love shopping at the box stores?? I like the ones with "6 inch tropical" or "Exotic tropical "lol
If you grab a clerk by the throat you can sometimes get them to look at the list. lol Another more productive method is to visit the website of the producer of the plant . Will eliminate thousands of species that it's not !! Of course if it's a hybrid your probably stuck with "NOID "lol
gary

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 4:56AM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

Looks like a F. elastica to me

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 10:01PM
dlwh123

I found this plant outside my apartment building and I want to know how to take care of it.

Bookmark   May 23, 2010 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Pothos Problems
My poor pothos is struggling. I've attached a few pictures,...
mwhcrew32
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
Avocado Plant Dying
I bought this grafted dwarf Wurtz avocado tree this...
nobbyv77
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
Diatomaceous Earth vs. Fired Clay in Gritty Mix
I've seen Napa Floor-Dry (8822), which is diatomaceous...
kwie2011
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™