Plant stands

elkay_gwMay 27, 2011

What kind do you have? This is a wire one I found at a store called "Home Goods". It's about 3 feet high. I saw a similar one there a while ago, but it was about 5 feet tall. When I went back to get it, it was gone.

With plants on it......

I also have this old, white, plastic one....

I see some nice decorative stands in different stores, but they are only made to hold a few plants.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joe1980(5)

The problem I have with plant stands is that they are too small. They work fine for when your plants are small, but in my case, in a matter of a year or 2, my plants grew too big to fit on a stand. I do have one outside that this year I have a few small bonsai starters on, as well as some annuals. This particular stand was givin to me from my mother-in-law, because it it metal, with simple metal shelves that aren't solid,meaning that they are a large, open mesh, that unless you balance your pot, they tip over. So, I made shelves out of polycarbonate plexiglass. Now of course my mother-in-law is jealous and likes the stand again.....now that it has shelves. Unfortunately for her, my bonsai trees call it home.

Joe

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 10:21AM
moonwolf_gw

I found an old umbrella stand at an antique shop downtown and I put one of my hoyas on it and wound the vines around it. It looks very neat! I got a wooden one there last year (it has three stands on it). I would love to find some old bird cages for some of my hoyas.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 6:58PM
birdsnblooms

Elkay, nice stands..But like Joe, I have the same problem. After 'X' plant grows so tall, they no longer fit.
Your second stand seems to have quite a bit of space though. Both are nice.

Brad, there are a ton of 'things lying around the house,' that can be used for plants..Your umbrella stand is a good idea. lol
Bird cages are nice, too...Some places, 'Collection Inc' sell cages at very reasonable prices. I bought one a few years ago for 9.99..it stands about 3'. I use it for viney plants..
You can find used cages at garage and Estate sales. Toni

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
Pothos Problems
My poor pothos is struggling. I've attached a few pictures,...
mwhcrew32
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
Need help reviving Fiddle Leaf!
Hi, I am a first time houseplant owner and recently...
Lacey Scripture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™