Hi, just checking in, and have a question or 2

Lamora(4)May 25, 2013

Hi, hope you are all having a great weekend so far, make it safe too.. ;)

I have 2 plants that I was wondering if they will grow longer. Two ends of my Aeschynanathus Raducabs (?) (Lipstick plant) broke off, and they haven't seem to grow since. Will they grow again? My Hoya Carnosa, the end of the longest stem (about an inch or so) got dried up some how, and came off, will it grow still?

And my newest plant, Dracaena Golden Dust, for some reason the leaves keep falling off. I potted it in the 5-1-1 mix, watering it with distilled water only, feeding reg. The leaves don't look wilty or dry. They just drop off, for no reason that I can see. The new leaves, now, they look wilty and not strong at all.

What can I do to help these plants? The long stems of the 2 plants, not sure I can do anything to help them, just mainly wondering if they will grow later. But the Golden Dust, what can I do for it?

Thanks for any advice and imput....
Marjie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

hoyas do that sometimes for no reason. given a month or two, they will grow again

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 11:22AM
KatherynIridaceae

I have hard water, every variety of Dracaena I have ever grown has lost two-five leaves when watered heavily/excessively... at all. leave off the watering a bit I'd imagine it'd bounce back.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 1:08PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Sorry to hear that. Seems like I remember you posting a pic of this plant recently & it looked great. If it wasn't yours, sorry, but I remember saying the pic made me want to move mine to more shade. I've had mine for about a year now and have fertilized it maybe twice. Seems to grow extremely slowly, so wondering if it doesn't appreciate such a rich living.

Also recently repotted mine, about 2 weeks ago. Separated the 4 individual plants and made a hodge-pot with it, putting it with Cordyline fruticosa and T. zebrina. Looks fantastic together, and all are very comfortable with virtually no direct sun. The very first and last minutes of the day, it might get a ray or two. Although it was doing great in an east window inside for winter, lately the much stronger rays were making it look a little faded. Even before repotting, I moved it back pretty far, away from getting direct sun. Looking more green, distinctly spotted now.

For a Drac, I was surprised by the size of the root systems on these plants, comparatively small and very un-branching compared to other Dracs I've repotted. What did you think about your plants' roots?

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 9:42AM
More Discussions
Do you like Cineraria with larger flowers?
I love spring Cineraria. I love this too -
jujujojo_gw
Alii Ficus
Ok, today I picked up an Alii Ficus. Thing is, I spotted...
Joe1980
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
umbrella plant care
I recently bought an indoor umbrella plant just like...
desdurso
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™