what kind of plant is this? help!

amber_m(5)May 8, 2012

i wanted to post some pics of this house plant that was given to me, but now i cant find where to post pics... i was given a plant from someone who let it almost fully die, and they didnt know what it was.. ive been nursing it back to health... it has white and green leaves with red/pink edges on most, they are darker edges on the younder leaves, the body of the plant is sort of cream/pink colored and the whole plant feels almost like its made out of some sort of plastic/rubber type of material, and the leaves arent as thin as normal leaves on a normal plant. ill try and post pics.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Amber,

We meet again, it sounds to me like you may be describing a Hoya. Some of which I grow & collect. Kind of thick leafed, a bit rubbery, some of those pinkish leaves whiten as they age.

Once you learn how to post pix you'll likely find out. To post pix, one needs to use a photohosting site (like Photobucket or Flicker, both of which are free (yippee)) where one uploads one's photos & then from there, copies & pastes some of the computer codes over to here.

For more detailed info. search GW for 'how to post pix' or something like that. In the meantime, open a photohosting account & you can get started. I use Photobucket & it's just fine.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 9:46PM
amber_m(5)
    Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:08PM
amber_m(5)
    Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:12PM
amber_m(5)
    Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:15PM
amber_m(5)

sorry for the quality of the pictures, i had t use my cell phone cause my son broke my camera a few months back...

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:29PM
plantomaniac08(8)

That looks like Peperomia obtusifolia 'Rainbow' (also known as Peperomia magnoliifolia 'Rainbow') to me.

Planto

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:53PM
amber_m(5)

thats exactly what it is!!! thank you!!! i just googled Peperomia obtusifolia 'Rainbow' and found some pictures that look exactly like it! thank you!

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 11:02PM
plantomaniac08(8)

Amber,
Sure thing.

Planto

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 11:09PM
plantomaniac08(8)

*Ahem* I am correcting myself, some of these looks similar to me, I believe that is Peperomia clusiifolia. I hope I haven't created some confusion.

Planto

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 11:21PM
amber_m(5)

yes i think it is the Peperomia clusiifolia, thank you for the correction... basicly i have just been so darn currious as to what i have and i had no way to know how best to take care of it. now i know what it is and can read up on how best to take care of it. thank you again!

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 11:25PM
plantomaniac08(8)

Amber,
You're welcome. :)

Planto

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
What is wrong with my dieffenbachia?
It looks droopy. And leaves are yellowing one by one....
bluehaven_gweb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™