would someone please id my houseplant

ymaddox(ky 6)May 23, 2012

my lil clearance houseplant :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Would it be the plant on the right? Hard to be sure, a bit blurry, but looks from here like a Ficus pumila, aka Creeping Fig. Nice plant. I have a bit I started from a cutting.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 11:39PM
plantsaremylife_grow(5b)

I'm thinking creeping ficus aka Ficus pumila. I like this plant a lot! Make sure you keep this one moist ALL the time. Even slightly drying out and it's done. Extra humidity might also be helpful as this plants leaves are extremely thin. They seem to like medium to bright light. As I said though...keep it watered. I've lost several of these due to drying out. Good luck with it. I'm going to try them again myself. Nice plant for a clearance. Btw... There are also variegated varieties that are even more beautiful than the plain green; even a variety known as oak leaf creeping fig. Kyle

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 11:44PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Yep, Creeping fig. Don't let it get anywhere near something it can latch on to. This plant sort of glues itself to a surface and away it goes! It's a fun plant to grow on a sphagnum form.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 11:46PM
ymaddox(ky 6)

yeah that is it...thanks so much yes it was a great buy thanks for the tip on the moist soil. i know what the one to the left is pirate girl that is my adenium obesum i have grown from seed, i have about 27 varieties i am presently growing and those happen to be the fattest seedlings of all of them. i moved them all outside for the summer and they are on the porch of my building. dh has his building and i have mine. course mine is way cuter cause i decorated it all up :)

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 11:53PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Just wanting to be sure which. I keep mine in a covered container as if a little terrarium, expressly so it doesn't dry out (also I wanted it to root more bits of itself).

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 1:27AM
ymaddox(ky 6)

yeah i moved all mine outside to get a little fresh air and thought the sunshine may make them grow ten foot in a month and they would be full of blooms...a girl can always wish ya know :)

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Moister Measurement
I recall having a very useful tool that I could stick...
bobv2
My Calathea is blooming - hehe
Flowers look pretty good!
jujujojo_gw
Is bud blast of big-box store Phalaenopsis genetic?
I love houseplants. Phals make great houseplants. I...
jujujojo_gw
Need Help with the Id of This plant
I need to know the name of this plant and if its a...
lulu627
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™