Easter Cactus FYI

cyberdancerMay 1, 2013

Hi all, Lowes' here in NM got in some EC. They had pink, purple/magenta and red. Four inch pots for 6.98.

cyberdancer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teisa(6)

I saw those at Walmart! I got one myself!! I love it. What color did you buy? Mine is magenta. Cool plant!!!

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:32PM
cyberdancer

Hi Teisa, I got a pink one, but it's still in very tight bud so I don't know if it's light or dark. I'm anxious to see what shade it's going to be. So far I have not been able to get these to re-bloom. Wish they were as easy as TC. Anyone have any pointers?

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:46AM
Enterotoxigenic00

Last year I purchased 3 from HD, red, orange, and fuchsia. Several months later the segments were falling off. Several suggested I change the potting soil to a more free draining mix using fine orchid bark. I had to soak the root ball to get all the old hard dry mix off and then repotted. I'm happy to say now that the plants have grown greatly and have even rebloomed!

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 6:31PM
cowgurl160(4 SD)

I picked one up at Walmart today. I really didn't need another plant right now but something was pulling me towards the plant table and I guess this was it. I think mine is going to be dark pink but it still has yet to bloom.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 8:38PM
teisa(6)

The ones that I saw were all in full bloom. Mine has just finished up. I've not read alot about them (yet), but I was thinking they will be just once per year bloomers for the most part. Am I not correct? Or do they bloom more frequently as some people are suggesting?TIA

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 6:58AM
cyberdancer

Hi all. Funny, I went to two WM and found none. As far as I know they only bloom once in Spring. Have some of you had your EC bloom more than once during the year? I would be happy if it would just bloom once. Do they need high humidity?

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 9:30PM
More Discussions
Name that plant!
I found this plant at Walmart with the usual "foliage"...
elizabeth_101
Febuary Flowers
This is my month!! I finally have a decent amount of...
teengardener1888
What to do with Alocasia tubers?
As the lower leaves on my Alocasia poly died over time,...
greentoe357
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
Moisture Meter?
I have a mechanical moisture meter, and it has increasingly...
trclac
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™