vandalized house plants

susang84June 3, 2014

I had a small 5' x 2' greenhouse that had several of my house plants in it that I was acclimating to a summer outside along with 2 other stands full of plants. My husband and I came home to find my mini greenhouse and racks were pushed over. All my plants were on the ground and their pots were smashed. I replanted everybody in plastic pots I had and now have them crowded into my now 3'x 2' mini greenhouse with the shade cover. All damaged parts are removed and everybody has been watered. I know there's probably not much more I can do but I just wanted to vent.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

How heartbreaking, I'm sure it was juvenile delinquents with nothing better to do. I'm still amazed how cruel people can be towards others. I hope your plants survive.
Christine

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 9:07AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

No matter what caused that, it's an extreme bummer! So sad to read what you wrote!

Is it possible the wind knocked these over?

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 12:11PM
susang84

It was sunny and in the 80s with a mild breeze. We left for maybe an hour to pick up a new bed and my yard was the only one damaged. Everybody is doing good aside from a few battle wounds. Couldn't they just stick to egging houses?

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 9:50PM
savannaicus

Sorry to hear that, I hope everybody survives. Luckily I don't have very many neighbors, but I do have some pretty fearless deer.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 10:32PM

Man, that really sucks! You'd probably already considered a gust of wind. Squirrels have torn up a couple of my pots, tossing the plants here'n'there, but that's not in the same league with a whole knocked-over rack.

Did you totally lose anything? Sending good vibes for recovery!!

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 8:31AM
susang84

I think I may have found the culprits. There were some stray cats in my yard earlier when I went out. They took flight over the gate on our patio; right where my greenhouse and racks are. Purpleinopp the good vibes must be working. Nobody has shown any signs of shock.

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 8:58PM
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

That is so depressing to have people vandalize houseplants, or any plants! I have had people steal may houseplants but never had vandals do such damage other than picking flowers. I wish all your plants the best luck!

Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 10:48AM
christine1950

I'm so glad I was wrong, that would have been very bad to worry about them ever coming back. Dang cats !!!! Great job with your good vibes Tiffany, happy for you Susan that they are re-cooping nicely....

Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 3:27PM

Glad the vibes seem to be helping!

Cats, huh? Chasing baby birds maybe? What I feel like saying isn't nice, so censoring myself...

Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Spot for Calathea ornata and Ctenanthe oppenheimiana tricolor
Will they like the same spot as my Marantha leuconeura? Beside...
MsGreenFinger GW
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Dracaenas Identify & Care
Here are two plants that I know are Dracaenas but I...
bobv2
Help!! Plant almost died while i was on vacation
Could my plant be exposed to too much sunlight? Should...
raphael1983
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™