Fertilizer "water" longevity
Having seen this post http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0314403013336.html but nothing on my question, I thought I would ask.
Once you've mixed the fertilizer with water, say, Foliage Pro 1/4tsp per gallon (weakly weekly, etc), but you don't use the full gallon(s), how long can it sit around without any serious detriment? Week?
Obviously the nutrients aren't going to evaporate, but I wouldn't be surprised if prolonged light, or O2 exposure (or heck, bacterial/fungal growth) could be an issue.