How to save gardenia from bugs

Mansi21cJune 10, 2014

Hello all
Last month i bought a gardenia plant. Im new to gardening. Initially i kept my plant in a gallery but then i found out a bug on a back side of leaf with eggs. So i cleaned it. After that incident i regularly check gardenia plant. Some times i keep it out in gallery and sometimes i keep inside my house near patio. Today i saw very tiny brown spot on 2 leaves. But they were bugs. So i cleaned it with misting on leaves. My Q is
How to control bug issue?

When i bought gardenia i had a bud which is one month ago. Now my gardenia is having 6 or more buds on it. But when will them bloom???? Its been a month for 1st little bud.
I have planted that gardenia in miracle grow potting mix.
10 days ago i gave it good watering with acidic plant food water soluble of same brand( miracle grow).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patchyjack(10a)

Not all bugs are bad. Some bugs lay their eggs on plants, but don't actually harm the plant.

Before you start worrying about the bugs on your plant, it would be best to figure out what kind of bugs they are!

We have a pretty green stink bug living on one of our indoor plants and it doesn't seem to be doing any harm at all. We just try not to bother it...!

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 1:06AM
Mansi21c

There was a web below the leaf. Eggs n a small bug like a grasscoper.
Yesterday there were small very tiny browniesh spots..n they were moving. So i cleaned it with wet paper towel. They had reddiesh color after rubbing. What type of bug it may be??
N how much time it takes to bloom a bud?

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 2:06PM
patchyjack(10a)

The small bug that looked like a grasshopper is probably a grasshopper. I've never heard of grasshoppers causing a major problem on indoor plants.
Tiny brown spots could be practically anything.
Luckily, it sounds like there aren't many bugs, so if you just keep picking them off as soon as you see them, your plant should be fine.
It's normal for bugs to come and sit on your plants, so don't worry! Your gardenia looks very healthy in the picture!
You only need to be concerned if there are a LOT of bugs at once or if they start damaging the plant.

As for the flowers, I'm sorry, but I don't know how long it will take. It's been a long time since I've cared for gardenias. Just be patient and the flowers should open eventually. If the plant has made new buds, then it's probably happy!

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 7:04PM
Mansi21c

Thanku patchy jack

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 11:00PM
patchyjack(10a)

My pleasure!

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 1:19AM
More Discussions
Avocado Plant Dying
I bought this grafted dwarf Wurtz avocado tree this...
nobbyv77
Diatomaceous Earth vs. Fired Clay in Gritty Mix
I've seen Napa Floor-Dry (8822), which is diatomaceous...
kwie2011
Pepperomia
i have been struggling with this ornery little persnickity...
suyoder
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™