Plant id #2

applechelleJune 2, 2013

I have 4 pics from sympathy flowers needing id, but not sure how to post more than one from my iPad.

April

This post was edited by applechelle on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 11:30

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asleep_in_the_garden

Peperomia obtusifolia. :)

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 11:02AM
applechelle

Thank you!

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 11:21AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Would like a little more sun than the other 3, and to get much more dry between waterings.

Are you new to house plants in general?

No matter what you're using, phone or computer, this forum does one pic per post. You can put them in a new discussion, or add to a same discussion. I think it's less confusing to do ID requests in separate discussions but it's up to what you prefer, they're your discussions.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 11:55AM
applechelle

I'm fairly new to house plants... I inherited some from my mom when she got sick and also began purchasing some all along. I started this new hobby last fall. I love gardening outside ( I call it "playing in the dirt") and its a great stress reliever. I found I had less of an outdoor gardening season in northern VA and I had a need to bring life indoors... Which began my indoor gardening.

Im finding it more of a challenge than i expected, but i enjoy a good challenge! in fact, I will be posting some pictures later requesting help for damage control. I have done some research and am learning that i have a LOT to learn!! Mostly about the type of soil to use. I have also learned that I'm over watering. The combo of heavy soil and too much water is causing some of my plants to rot.... So I'm "playing in the dirt today" :)

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 12:49PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

I wish I'd learned that stuff right away. You can water less, of course and/or change the type of soil you use. This article should be helpful. The term overwatering is really a misnomer, the moisture staying in the soil too long is the real culprit. I like watering plants, and changing soil types has made a world of difference.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
What Makes for a Good House Plant?
As a novice gardener in zone 5, I've become rapidly...
SnowStorm
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
Febuary Flowers
This is my month!! I finally have a decent amount of...
teengardener1888
Christmas cactus help needed please!!
I inherited this plant from my uncle, he had it forever....
Stef Cunningham
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™