It's Official! I've corrupted all of my Children!

smickerdoodleSeptember 2, 2009

Today, while I was delivering mail, I saw a headboard with shelves and a wooden desk alongside the road in our neighborhood. I stopped at the house a few minutes later to take a break and told my girls about it. When I got home from work my daughter called me into their room and what do you think I saw sitting on top of her desk? you got it! They had walked the two streets over and carried them home. She is using the headboard as a hutch/bookshelf. I walked into the livingroom and the desk was sitting in the middle of the floor They had been hoping it would fit in the bedroom as another desk for the other daughter but it is too big. But it fits perfectly in my bedroom to hold my computer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Ah, you've got help in your heists!! Way to go!! Of course now you have to be on lookout for smaller desk for other DD!! Nice going!! Jan

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 9:00PM
daisydal(7)

Oh, Micki, it is official, I'm afraid!! But who said that was a bad thing??? LOL!! Your children must love you dearly, all my kids do is just roll their eyes, get lower in the seat and pray to God that I can pick whatever it is up by myself, so they dont hafta get out and be seen by their friends!!!LOL!!I am proud of your kids, they are being green by recycling! (not to mention saving you some money for a desk and bookshelf!!)Way to go, kids!
BTW, can I borrow them sometime?????!!!! I pay in pizza for my helpers!!JK!
blessings-sherri

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 11:23PM
luna_llena_feliz

If you are going to corrupt them, I can't think of anything better! he-he I'm so glad I have a fellow junker in my Bob. He isn't at all embarrassed grabbing things out of the garbage or throwing stuff in the car from next to the curb. It is fun to have partners in crime.

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 12:27AM
Marlene Kindred

Comrades in arms are wonderful!!! Great way to teach your kids Micki!

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 9:32PM
jeannespines

Ahhhh, "A chip off the ol' block!" (neighbor's block)! LOL! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 11:33PM
katishooked(6)

This sort of corruption is a good thing. The simplicity of what we do is beyond some people. To have taught your children to look at things in a different light so they can stike out on their own is priceless. This day and age they can be doing worse things. Hats off to your girls. How old are they?

Kat

Bookmark   September 5, 2009 at 7:31AM
susiewantsroses(7b)

I love hearing that story. Lately I have been noticing that there is hope in the upcoming generation.

Bookmark   September 5, 2009 at 4:40PM
akup_a(7)

What a great way to be a role model for your kids!
Vickie

Bookmark   September 15, 2009 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™