Dracaena Marginata needs more love

brettk(5)June 4, 2014

I received this Marginata about 6 months ago and it was fine until a few weeks ago when the leaves started to droop extremely, the past few days I noticed some yellow spots/blotches on the leaves. I tried repotting it and that did not help at all. Could the soil be retaining to much water? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Photo Synthesis

My best guess would be that it needs more light than what its currently getting. What direction does that window face? I don't own a Marginata, but the Dracaenas that I do have, they all receive very bright, indirect sunlight all day long.

I have several Ponytail Palms (yeah, I know they're a completely different type of plant. I'm just referencing it as an example...) and if/when they don't receive enough sunlight, their leaves will droop and look saggy, too. Well, their newer leaves will. Once again, that's a different type of plant with different growing conditions. But the reason is the same, if they don't get sufficient energy from their light sources, then they won't be perky and erect like they should be.

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 11:53PM
brettk(5)

It's currently in front of a window facing South and about 5 ft away from a window facing West.

Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 12:53PM
brettk(5)

It's currently in front of a window facing South and about 5 ft away from a window facing West.

Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 12:54PM
More Discussions
Moisture Meter?
I have a mechanical moisture meter, and it has increasingly...
trclac
Unknown house plant
I bought this Exotic Angel plant at Home Depot and...
bouldergrower
What is wrong with my dieffenbachia?
It looks droopy. And leaves are yellowing one by one....
bluehaven_gweb
Spider plant vs Mother-in-Law's Tongue: Day vs Night
I know that Spider plant and Mother-in-Law's Tongue...
dert17
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™