One year of growth

pumpkineater2June 21, 2013

Pothos has grown a nearly four foot long vine in one year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asleep_in_the_garden

Oh yeah...

They DO like to scramble.

Makes me wonder how it would look if it had something to climb. When given a chance to climb the leaves get bigger and bigger til you would have difficulty believing it was even the same plant. In a hanging basket all draped over the side looks nice enough for those who don't mind the leaves staying at their juvenile stage,but for those who want to watch a plant go through the transformation to adulthood,I'm pretty sure you have to let them climb something. Now mine was all wound up around fishing line I had spiderwebbing just beneath my ceiling and it was allowed time enough to run around in there for about a year so I totally know where you're coming from. :)

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 7:46PM
tropicbreezent

Those juvenile stems do grow quite fast. Always looking for somewhere to climb up. And once they're climbing they pretty soon develop into monsters. This is part of one of mine that fell out of the top of a tree. The chair, normal adult size, is there for perspective.

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 1:24AM
asleep_in_the_garden

Now THAT'S what I call perspective! LOL

So Tropic,..in your experience would you say that the juvenile form has to do all it's own climbing from the ground up in order to get them to take off? The vines I had in the fishing line are now wrapped around a chunk of tree branch I found but after winding them all up it,it seems like no aerial roots are reaching out to grab anything not that they would have room to go anywhere from there which is to say that as of now I'm going about this all wrong. I should make one of those hanging basket moss pole combination thingies and get some cuttings started at the base of the pole. Of course one of those vertical garden water wall type things would be wild.

Dream on sleepy guy! LOL

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 2:09AM
More Discussions
Question on pot-up house Azaleas
I have no problem growing florist Azalea as a houseplant....
jujujojo_gw
Money tree problems
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Money Tree. It...
jl108
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
Why does my anthirium want to commit suicide?
This is my anthirium and it is slowly dying? Judging...
sturmzie
What is the difference between solid green and Hawaiian spider plant?
Hi everyone, i'm in the market for a solid green spider...
Diana Kilgannon
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Lighting. Viviana Collection Wall mount 1-Light Outdoor Lamp
$93.60 | Home Depot
Number Jars, 2
The City Farm
Pink Jersey Cotton Sheet Set
$39.99 | zulily
Cecil Beaton: The Art of the Scrapbook
$250.00 | Horchow
Double Wagon Seat Only with Seat Belts
Fifthroom.com