Fuchsia flowers finally coming out, but very pale

katsols(7b)June 22, 2012

I decided to post in this section because no one answers questions in the fuchsia section lol. I'm keeping my "marcia fuchsia" in my room where it gets filtered light and about 30 mins of evening sun. When i first got it my plant was full with blooms then all the blooms and un-opened ones started falling off, then i started fertilizing it every day with a weak fertilizer and it started blooming again but the red petals are not red anymore but pastel pink =[ to almost whitish green. Anyone who could help me would be so great!

thank you for reading.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katsols(7b)

edit: i don't wanter my fuchsia every day, i meant every time i water sorry. I use 7-9-5 dyna gro.

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 7:47PM
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

I think the problem is that you are keeping it in a room. Fuchsias are tender garden shrubs and should be out of doors in the summer. They need excellent light (but not blazing direct sun) and lack of it will make the flowers sickly. They do not make good houseplants. You don't say where you live so I can't tell how long yours could stay outdoors. And please stop fertilizing it every time you water. Every couple of weeks would be plenty.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 11:14AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Fuchsias are killed by high heat, if it's really hot where katsols is, that may be why it's inside. Or he/she may be in an apartment. I can't keep a Fuchsia alive, either, but I never stop trying...

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 11:42AM
flora_uk(SW UK 8/9)

That's true, purpleinopp - we need to know where the OP is. I'm finding it hard to imagine heat at the moment! But the light requirement remains whatever the temperature. Anaemic flowers would imply insufficient light.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Money tree problems
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Money Tree. It...
jl108
Dying Calathea Plant
Hello all! I have recently started getting interested...
avanns
Has anybody seen the micro ZZ Plant "Zamicro"?
They are a smaller amd more compact cultivar of the...
tlbean2004
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Please help? Need to Id these plants
i received these plants in a funeral arrangement and...
sparga83
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™