Favorite/ easiest houseplants you CAN grow

CactusBoss(Zone 5a)July 28, 2013

Kind of a sequel to my other post "House plants you can't grow. For me I'd have to say Chinese Evergreen, Peace Lily, Jade, Cactus, Thanksgiving Cactus, and ZZ Plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dellis326 (Danny)

Just about any type of philodendron & Monstera I've tried. Epipremnum aureum is a very easy plant to grow. Dieffenbachia too.

As you've said Spathiphyllum & Zamioculcas, along with most common aroids are pretty easy.

Dracena marginata & Dracena fragrans and various Sansevieria are pretty much plug and play.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 7:52AM
plantomaniac08(8)

I have a few. Peace Lily, Pothos, ZZ Plant, Peperomia (specifically P. caperata), and African Violet (I have the last one near a South window, so I don't have to do much with it at all!).

Planto

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:25AM
christine1950

Swedish Ivy, Peace Lily,Parlor Palm all these grow great for me.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:27AM
raylynn2(8a)

Dracena, bolivian Jew and snake plant all get plenty of neglect from me and still keep on trucken :) of yeah and my dwarf sheffelara has takena few beatings in its life.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 11:58AM
birdsnblooms

Dracaenas, 'all except Goldianna,' Pothos, 'grow like weeds,' cactus, 'those I like, especially Optunia.' Toni

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 12:46PM
raylynn2(8a)

Dracena, bolivian Jew and snake plant all get plenty of neglect from me and still keep on trucken :) of yeah and my dwarf sheffelara has takena few beatings in its life.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 12:49PM
aseedisapromise

Like CB the easiest plants for me are the ones that can dry out but also I need ones that can tolerate my limey water. Cacti aren't the best because of the low light situation I have here all winter. I have to not water them at all all winter, which is long here, and if I do start watering them before the days get long, then they stretch and look not so hot. But I have a few anyway. Also it can be pretty cold here in my wood heated house in the winter, and hot sometimes in my non air conditioned house in the summer. That said, I can grow African violets pretty easily, although they will take a bloom hiatus in the summer. Also lipstick does okay, although it tends to decline over time. Hoyas are great, and haworthia. I have a lot of Xmas, TC's Easter cacti, and they do okay. Also Oxalis. I have four kinds, and they are one of the most carefree blooming plants.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Need help reviving Fiddle Leaf!
Hi, I am a first time houseplant owner and recently...
Lacey Scripture
Do I have natural original Chlorophytum comosum?
I have bought Chlorophytum comosum but I don't know...
dert17
Unknown house plant
I bought this Exotic Angel plant at Home Depot and...
bouldergrower
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™