bringing plants in and out ??

roksee(Benicia SF Bay Area)July 23, 2014

Hello... I bought a money tree plant several months ago...I was having trouble with it and Josh helped me get it healthy again.... but after a while it was again not looking so great. Finally when spring came I put it outside . I have a little alcove outside my front door that is outside but gets a lot of protection. And also does not get a lot of sun/ although some in the middle of the day....The money tree is healthier than I have EVER seen it... it is soooo happy there that now I'm worried about what I should do when Fall comes and Winter.... can anyone help with suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Photo Synthesis

I grow my money tree outdoors for most of the year. Then, when Autumn arrives and the temperature begins to get colder than 50ðF at night, I'll bring it back indoors. When it warms back up over 50ðF the next day, I'll move it back outdoors each day. This both extends the season for it being outdoors, and helps transition my money tree back to living indoors again. Then, when the days are just too cold, I keep it indoors and in front of a South-facing window, so it can receive the brightest light possible. Just make sure to rotate your plant too, so all sides of it get plenty of light. Towards the end of Winter, I still lose a few leaves, but it's nothing to worry about. Finally, when Spring arrives, I begin moving it back outdoors during the daytime, when it has warmed back up over 50ðF again. This helps transition it back outdoors and get an early jump on the growing season.

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 11:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roksee(Benicia SF Bay Area)

thank you tommy

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 12:48AM
More Discussions
Peperomia "Rosso"
I bought this plant recently....does anyone else have...
RioSeven
White bugs in saucer under spider plant
I found a pile of these small white bugs in the saucer...
Caitlin Maraist
Fiddle Leaf Fig & Baby Jade help...
I've had this fiddle leaf fig for about a year. Why...
sjhermann
Dying Calathea Plant
Hello all! I have recently started getting interested...
avanns
How to introduce houseplants to outside and should i worry bout rodent
I got a lot of house plants in the last 9 months. I...
tlbean2004
Sponsored Products
Springcrest Herbal Linen Drum Shade 15x16x11 (Spider)
$34.99 | Lamps Plus
Safavieh Hand-woven Resorts Natural/ Beige Fine Sisal Runner (2'6 x 14')
Overstock.com
Hudson Reed Luxury White Horizontal Designer Radiator 14 x 63
Hudson Reed
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Home Decorators Collection Rugs Rafael Terra 2
Home Depot
Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom with Ice Scraper - SJBLZD
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Homelegance Stardust 3 Piece Round Glass Dining Room Set in Espresso
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™