metal junk

indigosunshineJanuary 25, 2013

Tim got a new welder for Christmas so he has been busy in the shop! He made this sculpture out of old spoked car wheels and parts from old barn stanchions. He's been busy
making bottle trees too! Spring can't get here soon enough!This morning we decided to take a week of vacation in the first part of May so he can help me find homes for all of his creations. My job is to drink the wine from the blue bottles! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

That is a cool garden sculpture! He's been having fun and bottle trees? I'm just a bit jealous you can get your own custom made!

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 3:44PM
oldcrafty(8)

How cute is that! Can hardly wait to see more creations. Glad to see he's putting his new welder to work for lucky you!

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 4:40PM
Marlene Kindred

Cool! It seems as though he's having fun creating!

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 5:37PM
nanatricia

That is cute!!Love it!!

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 7:58PM
rafor

That is great!!! So inventive. Welding is such a great talent and you can create so many interesting things. If you lived closer, you could have all my blue bottles as I'm down sizing!

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:08AM
marylee_2010

Your sculpture is really neat. I love seeing all the wonderful things being made. Everyone is so creative.

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:12AM
sunnyca_gw

I want to snoop in your yard, old trunk, butterfly, bottle trees, milk can, & it's winter, what's under the snow!! Treasures waiting for the welder??? Great job!! Jan

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 6:47PM
indigosunshine

Jan, I can't seem to resist anything that is rusty! The old trunk is a tool box that came with an old car, maybe a model T?. We had the best time scrounging around in the old gentleman woods; he was cleaning it up after years of running a used car parts business. Anyway I plan on planting wave petunias in the trunk....I think that will be gorgeous!The ideas are only limited to the imagination...plus the ideas I get from friends here on GJ!Think spring, Carol

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 9:53PM
chickiebabeblue

indigosunshine,
Are you anwhere near Madison Wisconsin? Perhaps I could commission some welding! Our tastes seem to run in the same direction; rusty and blue! I have a stash of full bottles that need my attention too!
Jeanne

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 8:42AM
indigosunshine

Jeanne, we are just over the border from St. Paul, MN. Too bad adult education doesn't have a class in recreational welding! I'd take it in a heart beat....but I DO have Tim! Carol

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 7:19PM
9bark(6 semi-desert)

Haha! Awesome! The FAAACCEEE!!!

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™