Thrift Store Finds

oldcrafty(8)January 25, 2011

Made a good haul yesterday at the local thrift store!!! They had a special going on ....all purple tags .50. I scored a full lenghth all weather coat, was marked $10.00 got it for .50, blue jean jacket, marked $6.00 got it for .50 ,ski pants marked $4.75 for .50 (for DGD) and a watermelon set of serving pieces which included a tray, salt and pepper shaker, 3 small bowls, a glass whatever and a 2 compartment serving bowl with lid and 2 spoons marked $6.00 for .50 for ALL those pieces. And they had some other neat things I couldn't resist. A bird figurine .50, flamingo figurine .50, 2 wire wall pieces 1.50, a wind chime $3.00a small flower shaped bowl.50......my total bill when I walked out was $10.55!!!! I know the clothes aren't garden junk, but a good dael just the same! Smiled all the way to my car!! I see some Spring Fling items in that haul.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Wowee!! Lucky you! What a haul! All of the GJ treasures are great as are you watermelon dishes! And your "new" coat looks like it's never been worn! Great day for you! TFS!

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 7:18PM
azcactusflower

Wow, oldcrafty, doesn't it feel good to score big? I love it when I can find bargains. You did exceptionally well. You really got some neat items. I love that red flower looking thingie and the bird. Happy, happy for you!!!!

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 10:00PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

I LOVE that cat windchime...very blingy!

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 10:50PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I like the cat and the watermelon....

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 12:06AM
sunnyca_gw

You need the coat to go check out your garden or see what is buried under snow at least or shovel it, can't work out if you are cold! I think the cat is a hoot!! I'd smile every time I went by it! The shovel & rooster plaques are really neat too. Great haul & wonderful prices! Jan

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 12:53AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

What great finds!!
I love the cat and the little flower bowl!!
I hope to fair as well on Saturday as I travel the 1/2 off day at GW.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 6:12AM
mary2010(9 FL)

So exciting . . . I'm already thinking of things I'd love to create with them. Have a ball. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 9:15AM
jeannespines

Watermelon dishes...love 'em! Looks like some good stuff for your gardens & you can keep warm while out there, too! LOL! Good "haul!" TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 10:15AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

I just came back from the thrift store and this is what I scored for a $1!! The face is porceline(face for a cast concrete leaf project), and the marble tiles are cool, and the 4"pots are for a "Pot Plant Project" in the back yard(something I saw in a magazine)

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 11:45AM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Wow oldcrafty! What great stuff for a steal!

And calamity, I cannot wait to see how your concrete project turns out using that face! I can only imagine. Fabulous tiles too, I don't do well working with those in projects, but they always look awesome.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 3:48PM
jeannespines

WOW, calamity! âÂÂ¥ the face! What a steal! Jeanne S. GJ time!!!!

Bookmark   January 28, 2011 at 10:18PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Arggh! I'm staying out of TS for Jan and Feb, having challenged myself to use what I have. You guys don't make it easy! What great bargains.
Kathy

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™