stone cross

oldcrafty(8)January 7, 2014

My dear hubby gave me this stone cross for Christmas. The yard stick was set there as a visual to see how large it is. A man in our area has recently starting making and selling these and he has quite a business going. The cross is actually cut out. The stone is about 1 1/2 inches think and takes 2 people to carry.The white is a template I put it in as I am going to mosaic on plexiglass and install. I am not fond of the idea of seeing my house thru the cross. As soon as I get my cross done and flower bed re-done it will go in my front flower bed. I am anxios to work on it. Hoping to start in a couple of days.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PKponder TX(7b)

It's beautiful! The stone place up the street does these too. What color will the mosaic be?

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 7:30PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

If I understand you correctly the shape of the cross is cut entirely through the 1/2 inch depth of the stone? Amazing! It's going to be gorgeous.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 8:41PM
nonacook(8bFL)

That was a wonderful Christmas present!

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 1:41AM
oldcrafty(8)

Max.....yes the entire cross is cut all the way thru and the slab is about one and a half inches thick.
pkponder........is Azle near Molten? I know the guy that did this is from Molten and he sells in Ganado also , where mine came from.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 8:39AM
Marlene Kindred

That is awesome! What a nice gift from your DH! Can't wait to see how your mosaic looks when you're finished.

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 7:28PM
oldcrafty(8)

I plan to use green, blue, amber and red translucent stained glass. They are sort of shades in the jewel tones. Was limited in my selection at Hobby Lobby and not a fan of ordering on line. My friend orders and about half the time the colors are not as she expected. The worst part will be getting the plex cut and to fit nicely. After that it will be easy and go fast. Hope I don't go thru too many pieces of plexi before I get the right size and not broken!

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™