Need an explanation!
My little kalanchoe isn't doing to good! I just noticed it this afternoon the leaves were all shrivelled up at the tips and they would fall off if touched. I pulled off most of the bad ones (by pull I mean literally touched) and now it looks sad. My bigger kalanchoe next to this one in a 6" pot is unscathed. They are the same plant, this small one was just a cutting from the larger one I took way back in the winter.
It almost looks like frost damage but of course it's July so that's not an answer. My only explanation is about a week ago I noticed it was bone dry and I dunked it in a fountain we have on the patio. Usually my mother pours bleach in the water to kill any mosquito larva or algae. At the time I thought about that fact but I didn't smell any bleach although the water did look crystal clear. Could this in fact be damage caused by liquid bleach? Just as a precaution I flushed the soil. I also have a pitcher plant I frequently plunge into the fountain and it seems fine but a lot of the 'pitchers' have dried up and died. From now on only water from the hose will touch my plants!
Also the kalanchoe doesn't sit in that spot, it's in mostly light shade all day. I just put it on that godawful table to take a clear pic.