Huge GW Haul

dollydee(7-MS)January 16, 2012

So Friday the 13th isn't so bad after all....95% of items came from what we call "The Barn" which is the GW outlet...glassware there is 25 cents!! Best find of the day was my almost new treadmill for $10..Happy Dance!!! I've lost 15 pounds in a month, but really wanted a treadmill to be able to walk on cold days! Lots of pictures, so I did thumbnails. Ladybug planters need repair, but couldn't pass them up for a quarter!! Any ideas on how to redo the antennas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laurastheme(8)

OMG!! What a haul. I wish we had one of those stores here. Maybe it's just as well that we don't. I can hardly walk through my work room now.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 10:54PM
jeannespines

Good grief, dollydee...you did make a 'haul!' I can't see them tiny pics very well so I clicked on them & saw quite a few on PBkt page...those first plain ol' 'bunnies' are just the cutest! Well, you're going to be busy! Have fun! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 11:08PM
mosswitch

I miss our Goodwill store! It got blown away in the Joplin tornado and hasn't reopened yet, but I understand it will. We lost our Salvation Army store too.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 11:36PM
azcactusflower

I can see you will be busy for quite a while! What a load of goodies you carted away. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 11:56PM
sunnyca_gw

What a haul!! Lots of neat stuff to make plate flowers,totems & love the cute lady bugs, guess they are for candles but would be cute with dirt & cactus. We have an outlet store but it looks more like a disaster! I got 1 plate for $1 as they told me they price it when you bring it up to them. I don't like that. Jan

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 1:40AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

Outstanding haul!! I just love all of the color!! Will be some great projects!!

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 3:26AM
dollydee(7-MS)

That store isn't like the rest, the glassware and electronics are the only things on shelves. Clothes, toys, plastics, shoes, purses and odds & ends are in bins. You have to DIG for goodies! Clothes are sold for $1.45 lb..plastics 10 cents, toys 25-50, shoes $1.25.

When I was picking out peices the other day, a clerk was pulling items off shelf, I asked what happened to them now since they were the outlet, she said they trashed them!!!!!! I gasped to think of all the "Junk" that could've been made with discarded pieces. I doubt they would let me have it, but I may ask anyway to try to keep it out of the landfill.

Sorry the pics are small, I used clickable thumbnails b/c I figured that many pics would take forever to load

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 5:48AM
mommyandme2

Wow ! Great stuff ! I could use quite a few of those pieces myself, (if I had room !) ---- Laura

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 8:51AM
oldcrafty(8)

Super WOW......You are gonna be busy and we will be busy waiting on pics of finished items. Have fun

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 11:54AM
Marlene Kindred

Holy moly!! You DID make a haul! Love all of your cool stuff...the bunny, the plates, glassware, vases, etc. So many great things! You're a lucky lady for sure...can't wait to see your upcoming projects!

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 1:31PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I also went to photo bucket and looked.
What a great bunch of 'junk'! Things we all love.
I know they trash a lot of donated things (like
lamps that don't work) but we could use for
totems and bird bath stands etc. Don't you hate that!

Bookmark   January 18, 2012 at 9:59AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

What a fabulous haul of colorful fun pieces!
If I was going to rebuild the antenna I would use some easy use 2 part epoxy that I have that is in a kind of green log. You cut off a "slice" the size you want and knead it until the green and white are mixed. Then you can mold it like clay and stick it on to where the antenna goes. Paint when cured.
Kathy

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 7:28PM
aggiegrad(5)

nonacook, have you considered letting your goodwill know that you would be interested in taking things like that (broken lamps or whatever you think you can use) off their hands if they would call you before trashing them? couldn't hurt to give them your phone # if they will work out a deal with you. it's better than sending things like that to a landfill. they only do that because they think they can't sell it, but, if they knew someone would take it anyway, maybe they would save it for you. worth a try right? the worst they could do is say no. & if they say sure, it's a win for you, right? what have you got to lose by asking?

Bookmark   January 22, 2012 at 1:02AM
mjowest(5)

WOWZA!
Our goodwill warehouse has never had that much glass EVER! ours is .10 cents a pound,but wow oh wow you have so much!
Have fun with it!

Bookmark   January 22, 2012 at 2:05PM
ernie85017

What will you make with all those tea pots?
I looked at some last week, but no inspiration came.

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 4:01AM
More Discussions
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™