Green-less Garden Junk in the Snowy Weather (pic heavy)

jeannespinesJanuary 23, 2012

I love garden junk ...& now I can only enjoy gardening outdoors with my camera. So today was a warmer snowy day & I got outside!

Here's that bright 'red' sun near the door arbor garden!

It was cast iron when I got it & I spray-painted it for a pop of color!

Nearby is Gr'pa's Rake garden...I've shared pics of this w/you all ...Autumn Clematis is the last thing to bloom here plus Mint...looks pretty darn good today, too!

Headed out into my Secret Garden in the Pines ...here's that old Celestial Barwood Door:

Isn't it gorgeous w/the snow cover! Heavy wet snow 2" additional snow this morning.

Remember the whiskey barrel bands 'Sphere' I just shared recently...well, it hasn't been rolled around any yet! LOL!

Walking a little further into the woods & this this birdhouse pops out w/it's red colors on a big old stump ...near another old farm mower blade shown in this pic:

Nearby I couldn't miss my GJ blue bottle fence! It looks so pretty in the white snow!

Look how they shine up close!

OK, any of you 'painters,' out there...here's a Winter project for ya ...here's my old window painted & gifted by a good friend ...this is the 3rd or maybe 4th yr out now...loved how it looked w/the snow!

Close-up:

Hope you enjoyed seeing my 'old' GJ ....in the snowy Winter! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Love your painted window in the snow! The red birdhouse roof looks so inviting! birds must love it. All the snow covered or partly covered items look so cozy! TFS Jan

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 1:13AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

It all looks beautiful in the snow. The blue bottles sparkle and the red touches here and there are delightful, I really love that sphere. I'm almost ready to take apart my old barrel that I use as a stand on the porch to get at the metal bands. Inspired me to search for recycled wine barrels and look what a vinyard is doing! I wonder if they reuse the metal on new barrels as there aren't any spheres!
TFS
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: recycled wine barrels

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 6:54AM
pixie_lou

I just love that blue bottle fence. I just may start collecting blue bottles after seeing that!

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 8:10AM
marylee_2010

Jeanne, Everything is beautiful! Love the painted window. That is something I want to try. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marylee

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 9:30AM
Marlene Kindred

Everything is looking so great in the snow Jeanne! Love the red sunshine and the red topped house in the snow. Your bottle fence looks great too! Looks inviting even though it looks really cold...beautiful!

Bookmark   January 24, 2012 at 2:01PM
nmgirl(8 S.NM)

Great photos!

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 2:06PM
jlily(Z6)

Beautiful pictures but I am glad the snow is there and not here! I love it all! Thanks for sharing! Jlily

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 10:41AM
spedigrees z4VT

Jeanne, your garden ornaments look just as lovely in winter as in summer! What a treat your photos are!

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 11:18AM
jeannespines

Thanks for lookin' & commentin', GJers! Feb is here now ...lookin' forward to Spring ideas! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   February 1, 2012 at 4:09PM
tru01

I absolutely love all of it! Can you tell me what kind of paint your friend used on the window?

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 1:09PM
PKponder TX(7b)

I missed this one until now. There's something inspirational in every picture! I need to find a pic of Grandpa's Rake Garden while it's blooming!

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 4:10PM
jeannespines

tshallow ...my friend just used outdoor acrylic paints & it's been out there for some time...it's faded some & it's in the shade alot ...but still looks great!

Here's a July '11 pic of Gr'pa's rake garden w/a visiting friend, Campbell, sitting on the sit! LOL! Thanks for your comments, GJer's. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 8:24PM
PKponder TX(7b)

Hi Campbell! That is the blackest hollyhock that I've ever seen! I love this garden in green and in white!

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 9:13PM
jeannespines

Yes, I love those dark Hollyhocks ...I've been getting more to seed back in another garden, too. They're called 'Alcea rosea nigra.'

Cold & rainy around here yet... here's pic from the other day...still waiting on Spring ...but the moisture is so appreciated!! Thanks, GJer's. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 1:33PM
PKponder TX(7b)

Was the moss already on the birdhouse roof or did it just grow there? Such a pretty look!

Pam

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 5:50PM
jeannespines

pkponder ...the moss grew there ...my hubby & I make old barnwood birdhse & that one has been out there many yrs! Thanks! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 12:13PM
Corkelcol

I love your pics of the snow. We don't get any snow here so, your pics are a treat. Thanks for posting them.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 5:08PM
laurastheme(8)

LOVE the red sun and the painted window!

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 1:27AM
samhain10(5a - MI)

Some great ideas here! Yes, still cold here, too, and snowing at the moment. Have been in the process over the past couple of years, of moving my perennial garden into the same area as my veggie garden. Will save this page for reference - thanks for posting the pics; it was worth the wait! :)

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™