Scorched Pothos. =(

CyanoticJuly 23, 2013

Hi everyone!

Basically, this story can be summed up by saying that I'm a forgetful dimwit sometimes. I had taken quite a few pothos cuttings from one of the plants in my office. I brought them home, potted them, watered them, and left them outside overnight to dry out a bit, as I always do when I repot.

Well, this morning, I meant to bring them inside, but I COMPLETELY forgot. =( They were outside, in direct, intense New Mexico sunlight and heat during the hottest part of the day. Now they are pretty severely sunscorched. =( There's brown, thin spots on most of the leaves. There's a lot of green left, but quite a bit of sun damage.

Will they survive? Is there anything I can do to help them? I already brought them inside, and rewatered them (they were parched). I'm nervous about this happening with a new, unestablished cutting. =(

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CactusBoss(Zone 5a)

Do you have pictures?

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 9:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicbreezent

Won't take long to find out. It depends on how thorough the "cooking" was. All day in direct sun, low humidity and high air temperature aren't listed anywhere amongst that plant's preferences. You can only wait and see.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
Plant identification & care
The plant in photo was grown by my friend from cuttings...
bobv2
Do I have natural original Chlorophytum comosum?
I have bought Chlorophytum comosum but I don't know...
dert17
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™