Here is a new way to make soda can roses.

mommyandme2February 6, 2012

I've made many roses out of soda cans, but this is a different way & it looks easier. I'm going to try it when I get more cans.

Here is a link that might be useful: pop can flowers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

That is a neat idea. I like it. I may try to make a flower with thin petals and several layers to look like a daisy or sunflower. I think I will do some experimenting.
Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 10:36AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Those are some of the prettiest flowers I have seen
made from cans.
Thanks!

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 12:10AM
mommyandme2

I made one today. It didn't come out quite as pretty as the one pictured on the website. I think I need some practice doing the scrunching. I made it with 4 layers. - Laura

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 10:22AM
azcactusflower

What a neat and creative idea! That is one way to recycle pop cans. Will have to go confiscate some from my nephews stash so I can try it. Thanks for sharing the directions with pictures for us.

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 12:02PM
Marlene Kindred

They look great, but tedious. I'm not sure I have the patience to put them together. Are soda cans easy to cut with scissors and I'm assuming you wear gloves to work on them? Love the pink roses though. Thanks for sharing the link!

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 4:14PM
mommyandme2

These particular roses aren't tedious. In fact they were quite easy. The way I had been making roses involves 6 heart-shaped pieces; not 2. It's a little trickier. I just LOVE making soda can flowers. I've made many different kinds & enjoy trying out new ones, too. I've got a box of flowers sitting here that need to be put outside. I'll get to it one of these days. Soda cans are very easy to cut with scissors. I have gloves, but don't seem to need them. On the other hand, I've used aluminum flashing for some projects. You can cut flashing with scissors, but the edges are SHARP. You definitely need gloves when working with flashing. Check out some of my flowers in my photobucket album. I'll be posting more flowers soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket garden junk

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 5:17PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™