Can't remember the name of this plant

moonie_57July 9, 2011

The plant in the black pot between the chicks & hens and the african violet. For the life of me, I just can't remember. I hope the pic is clear enough.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantladyco

Homalomena?

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 11:46AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Can't think of anything useful to say to your question since I have no idea. But I'm curious what the plant at the left edge with the pink leaves is? Love the spool, the plants, everything about your pic! I've always wanted one of those spools for a "pot table" just like that. Nice!

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 10:48AM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Purple - I think you're looking at the pink blooms of Euphorbia Milii (aka crown of thorns & other common names).

Al

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 8:43PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

I think you're right. Deja vu... every time I see one of these I want it, then remember about the thorns and dismiss it from my mind. Pretty, though!

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 11:29AM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hey Purple,

I'm anti-thorn myself, yet grow a number of these, their thorns really aren't bad at all & I have various E. miliis now, some of which have no thorns at all. I encourage you to try.

Seriously, I am so anti-thorn that I grow no cacti at all (other than the holiday cacti we know & love).

Moonie,

The plant ID you ask about at the top MAY be an Anthurium, tough to tell from that pic.

Nice plants, enjoy!!

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 11:46AM
moonie_57

plantladyco - Yes! Emerald green. Thanks, I've been experiencing brain fog for so long now and... well, it gets on the tip of my tongue and I just can't spit it out. LOL

purple - I have to agree with pirate girl on the thorns. The "head" of the plant is dense enough for the thorns to not be a problem. And it's one of the easiest plants to grow for me. And I have a couple of those spools. Fortunately for me, our local electric company leaves them at our recycle center. Maybe you could check where your power co leaves theirs.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 11:14PM
More Discussions
Has anyone grown a coffee tree?
Hi Im curious has anyone tried growing a coffee tree?...
cynandjon
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Fittonia - ID & Care
Here's another plant I just bought. I'd appreciate...
bobv2
My Spider Plant Again......
Out of all my plants this one just seems to get everything....
MrBlubs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™