Unidentified hoya?

JessLikesStuffJuly 18, 2013

Hi all,

This fellow is one of those plants from Home Depot helpfully labeled "tropical", which of course doesn't tell me much other than that it probably likes humidity. ;-) The closest I've been able to come to an ID on it is hoya bilobata, but after further research I'm doubtful that it is bilobata and not entirely positive that it is a hoya. Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Jess & Welcome,

I'd say yes that's a Hoya for sure, likely a Carnosa, but I can't quite tell from that pic (need to see the leaves head on & maybe a vine loosened out from there). If not Carnosa, then H. Pubicalyx, but I think more likely Carnosa.

The name Bilobata tends to be used incorrectly by one of the main plant suppliers for big box stores, Exotic Angel.

Handsome pot, looks nice, I assume there's an inner pot w/ drainage holes for the Hoya.

There's a Hoya forum right nearby (see top of this page) Come on by w/ that pic (or more) & folks will help confirm that ID if you like.

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 9:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JessLikesStuff

Hi Pirate,

Thanks for the welcome and the help! I will definitely take a couple photos over to the Hoya section and see what they have to say. Also, yes, the pot has a nice big drainage hole so the water runs out.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
Ming aralia
I've had a Ming Aralia in my cubicle for almost 6 months...
yuliju
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™