Old cedar fence posts

sherril_2008(Zone 3/4)February 16, 2008

Here are some pic's of what we did with some old cedar fence posts that were given to us by a friend who does fencing. He was replacing them with new posts, and gave us two trailer loads of them.

This shot is of a low fence border we made to line the back walkway & wild flower bed.

A hanging post for one of my signs.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countrygrl

Wow, that looks like it was alot of work, but it looks great! It really sets off the pathway! I love how cedar ages, don't you?

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 3:12PM
luna_llena_feliz

It look wonderful! And best of all it was free! How much better can you get than that? Love the wreath of barbed wire too!

Bookmark   February 16, 2008 at 9:54PM
kirkus(5a)

What a great friend! What a great, creative use for what he gave you! Just wonderful! Thanks for sharing your ideas! Kirk

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 1:05AM
misselaineous

awesome use of a great give away! obviously a huge amount of work, but the end result was definitely worth it! Thanks for sharing! we met an artist from Minnessota who made weed pots from reclaimed cedar fence posts...decorated w/ swirl of barb wire, and a deer antler. don't usually buy from art shows..too $$..but had to have one of these! *elaine*

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 7:00AM
sherril_2008(Zone 3/4)

misselaineous - I have seen something like the weed pots you are talking about. Pretty creative idea too.

I've also made candles out of the posts. Had hubby drill out the end with a hole cutter the size of a tea light. Drop in a tea light and decorate with dried flowers, etc.

They turned out pretty nice too. I have two that I did with silk Christmas flowers and I use them during the holidays as centerpieces. Very rustic-festive looking!

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 11:30AM
njhb(7TN)

Can you explain the "weed pots". Can't picture them in my mind.

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 8:25PM
craftylady-2006

I will agree, that's a great friend to give you those for free as they are not cheap! Love the look against the walkway, it's awesome.

Sal

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™