Note to Sophie and the Good Old Days Bunch

Nell JeanFebruary 17, 2014

Sophie, there's a post called 'Anybody on here from say 10 years ago' if you scroll down. I was the last to comment on it. Nonacook, Bright199, seamommy, jeaninwa, gram_bh, beachplant were heard from. I'm know I left off some familiar members. .

Some others who were here are on Facebook or still blogging. It's about time to drag out some junk and go outdoors. I want to make hypertufa containers.

Y'all don't miss the 5" ceramic cache pots at $Tree. I bought yellow and green last year and wished I had more. They brought them back.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Nice, like the cactus too! Does it have a hoe in bottom for drainage? TFS Jan

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 9:58AM
PRO
Nell Jean

These pots do not have a hole in the bottom for drainage. I pot everything in those little plastic pots that are 6/$1 using them as a liner. When I water, I remove the inner pot and let it drain before replacing. A handful of pebbles in the bottom of the outer pot brings the inner pot even with the rim and helps drainage, too.

The smaller 10/$1 plastic pots are handy for rooting things or starting one big seed like Pride of Barbados or Castor Bean. If I'm doing plants with shallow roots, I recycle yogurt containers.

This post was edited by foxesearth on Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 11:11

Bookmark   February 18, 2014 at 10:31AM
sophiemae(z8b FL)

Thanks, FE! I was just telling DH we need to make some tufa stuff. I am so ready for winter to be over once and for all. Yesterday and today, temps have been nice, but dare I believe the arcticness won't return? :p

Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 3:24PM
sjbaby(4)

i dont rember names from then, but 10 yrs ago i was a member, then lost touch for years, and i am finally able to garden again. this is the first place i looked up. i rember old projects that were going on back then, it was so fun.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 4:03AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Sophie it is so good to see your name here again.
I remember you often and think of all the 'good stuff' you had before you moved. I have been really busy lately and have not posted as much as I used to. Please,please come back and tell us what you are making and doing now

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 10:55AM
sorie6(6b ok.)

I've been on here since Feb. 2003. I am mostly a lurker. But did post some glass bird baths I did.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 1:58PM
Momof6(8a La.)

Great to see some oldies here...I miss the old days when this place was really popping...

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 11:50PM
Shelly09

I had rejoined..my old name on here is fixmyhairdo...just remembered what it was!! I would like to see some of the older post but can't remember their names:-((

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 3:58PM
Shelly09

Foxesearth I sent you a message:-))

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 4:06PM
Shelly09

Sophie it would be good to have a Good Old Days Bunch
online reunion:-))
I never posted much but really enjoyed looking at photos and reading how to do stuff!

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 4:10PM
sophiemae(z8b FL)

Hey, y'all! A reunion would be great!

Nona, I don't get out curb shopping nearly as much as I did back then. Sure miss my truck. And I still kick myself over that pink piano I had to pass up.

BTW, I was spring cleaning and came upon the junk train notebook I was supposed to send you. Never trust a man to run your errands. ;)

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 2:14AM
jeaninwa(5)

wave wave wave!!

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 6:22PM
Bright199(foothills NC)

With mom's passing it's been hard to get motivated. And we are renting now but I have been buying parts to make some plate flowers. Just doing a search to see if everyone is still using GE Silicone ll. Like those pots.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 10:35AM
kathi_mdgd

I've also been here probably 12,13 years or so.have been on gw SINCE 1999,BUT DON'T THINK I CAME TO THE JUNK FORUM RIGHT AWAY.

kATHI

Sorry for the caps,didn't realize I hit that key.

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 9:14PM
beachplant(9b)

I love Dollar tree, stopped this week and picked up 14 pairs of flip-flops to make door wreaths for our community garden plant swap. 7 pairs per wreath. I tried them without a back but they are too floppy so gluing them on straw wreaths salvaged from the resale shop trash pile.

Tally HO!

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 9:05PM
Mandyvilla(7a No.VA)

Ditto....I am another one. Been here a long time and just returning. Looking to do some mosaic art.

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 9:57PM
laurastheme(8)

I've been on here several years, but not as long as ten. I lurk more than I post. Don't know why. I come here almost every day to see what's going on. I've been very busy making and selling garden art flowers, solar lights and other garden items. Also have had 3 surgeries in the last year so that has taken a toll on my energy.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 12:55AM
Shades_of_idaho(4/5)

I think I started coming in to GWGJ about 2000 when I got my first computer. I am sure I had a different name. Lost my password and had to change. Might have been Tucker. I do not remember. I remember Jean in Wa and Wonder where Wendy is Do you all remember the Blue Moon night we all did some thing special and had an online party? I think it was 2004 or 2005. I had so many picture of stuff we all did back then but lost most in a computer crash. I have learned to back up.

This post was edited by shades_of_idaho on Sun, May 11, 14 at 16:52

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 10:17AM
PRO
Nell Jean

Wendy is still in the PNW, precious as ever. Every full moon I think about the Blue Moon party.

Every now and then I run across a picture from the mid-2000s someplace that I seldom go any more. I don't know why I didn't save more or at least save them where I could find them again.

The server where I put everybody's recipes finally dropped me off. I salvaged some of it, including one of Wendy's recipes.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 3:14PM
pollyagain

Hiya! I was here years ago, had so much fun and inspiration with everyone ;) I'm happy to say that GE SILICONE 2 is the BEST! Every bit of stuff I glued with it out in the yard is still there (more than 10 years!!).... most of the metal, wood (like chairs) are gone. I popped in because I have a bare spot and needed inspiration. It's so cool to see this post right up front! ~~~~waves~~~~~

Bookmark   May 20, 2014 at 9:43PM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Sponsored Products
Russell fabric sectional - Fog grey with left chaise
Interior Define
Atlantis Satin Black Small Pocket Up/Down Two-Light LED Outdoor Wall Light
$325.00 | Bellacor
Marco Island Queen/Full Headboard
Overstock.com
Crosley Archiver USB Turntable - CR6001A-BK
$179.99 | Hayneedle
Apothecary Waxed Canvas Satchel
$129.99 | Dot & Bo