Plate Flower info

toomuchglass(5)February 4, 2012

I have about 15 plate flowers hanging on my fence. Since last summer , they went through wind,rain,blazing sun , a blizzard and nasty little squirrels. The GE Silicone 2 is holding up fantastic. I highly recommend it :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjowest(5)

Yea!!! good to know!

I can't figure out why some last so well, and others don't- I think it was Garden Whimsies by Mary who told me to make sure I make a continuous strip around the whole area- without any breaks.
You'd think by now I'd be a 100% expert at it! :)

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 6:07PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

As nice as Lexel is as far as being clear, some of my Lexel ones never really cured and came apart, much to my horror since I sold some of them. GE ii only for me from now on, unless I decide to experiment at home only.
After this experience, I AM going to try lexel where my kitchen countertop meets the wall tho, as that has some movement and I think the lexel with "stretch" more than anything else. So it was not in vain totally.
Automotive goop is still holding the spoons fine. (fingers crossed)
Kathy

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 5:56PM
oldcrafty(8)

Thanks for the update and succes on GE Silicone. I can see the reasoning behind the continuos line, it would certainly keep moisture out. I also think if you make sure the surface has been washed real good with soap and water and dries real good it helps. When not in a hurry I also rub my pieces real good with alcohol and let dry real good. I firmly believe good prep is a key to successful holding power also.

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 1:06PM
flowers12

I used GE Silicone II for the first time on a plate flower. I thought it would dry clear but it dried kind of a milky clear. Where I could touch a little of it it was rubbery. Is milky clear the way it's supposed to look?

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™