How to seal a container???

desertrat1(Zone8_CA)February 24, 2011

Ok, this is kind of out there. BUT of what I know someone is bound to KNOW the solution. A friend of mine is making up containers for family memebers for another one of our friends' deceased husbands remains. The ashes will be sealed in a ziploc bag within the container. But the question I have is how do we go about sealing the container. My friend was thinking of using epoxy (which I don't have personal experience with). What kind of product would you use to seal it up? I do not know if it is wood, ceramic, metal or glass. I will check out what kind and get back to post...

Thanks in advance. Yes, I know kind of out there but you all have been so great in your sea of compiled knowledge.

Love, Jules

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertrat1(Zone8_CA)

Ok, so I found out it is a silver container. So, any thoughts?
Thanks!
Love, Jules

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 2:43PM
oldcrafty(8)

I guess the first question would be why do you see a need to seal it? The cremains are usually sealed very well in an extremely heavy plastic bag which is generaly heat sealed. Not easy to pucture the bag at all. If you plan to divide the cremains so that more than one person has a portion, just ask that they be divided at the crematory and each bag will be extremely heavy duty and sealed appropriatey. Not knowing what type of silver material it will be I'd say you'd need a glue for metal. There again, I'd ask the funeral home or crematory for assistance sealing it if that is what you desire to do.

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 7:36PM
dcarch7

Silver solder.

dcarch

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 9:23PM
tehuti

Okay guys. I hate to be the one to ask but don't you think this subject "might" belong over on the conversation side?

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 3:40AM
maozamom NE Ohio

Nope, this is the right place to talk about how to do something. The question and this answer probably should be on the conversation side.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 2:23PM
desertrat(Z8 California)

Ok, so yes it s/b on the conversations side or right here is alright?
Let me know. Even though it is an odd question I thought it to be perfect for the regular side.
Love, Jules

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™