copper for leaves

laurastheme(8)February 20, 2012

I would like to find a bargain on copper sheeting for leaves on my glass flowers. Do any of you have any ideas? Or ideas for something other than copper sheeting? It's so expensive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kim546

Hi Laurastheme, someone used plastic coated clothesline from Ace for leaves, not sure where pics are. Hope that helps. Blessings :) Kim

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 10:36PM
marylee_2010

Laurastheme, Could you use aluminum cans to make leaves? They could probably be painted.

Marylee

Here is a link that might be useful: Aluminum Can Flowers

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 1:55AM
oldcrafty(8)

I would venture to bet the advise about using the aluminum cans is a great idea.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 12:23PM
toomuchglass(5)

I've used the plastic coated green clothesline ,too. If you're looking for sheets of copper , they have it at Hobby Lobby,by the woodcarving stuff. It's thin but stiff - I think it's made for tin punching. THey have aluminum,copper and brass. I always use a 40% off coupon because it's alittle pricey like all metals are. Hope that helps a bit.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 12:56PM
mommyandme2

I've never seen green clothesline. However, in HD in the electrical department they have something called "Primary Wire". It's used to connect the tail lights on a trailer to the car. It comes in blister packs, 24 feet for around $5. It's available in black, white, green, red, blue and yellow. I used the black & yellow to make my bumble bee & I've used the green to make leaves for my steamer basket flowers & to make vines for my trellises. For the really ambitious, it also comes on 500 foot rolls. Hope this helps - Laura

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 2:02PM
laurastheme(8)

Thanks to all of you. I have used green heavy wire previously, but now I'm using copper pipe so would like to use copper for the leaves. We don't have Hobby Lobby here, but I'll try Micheal's.
Laura (also)

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 5:21PM
jeannespines

A can of copper spray paint goes a long way! Could you use roof flashing & spray paint it?

Also I always buy any metal 'leafy' things I see at garage sales (if cheap) & use them on my Barnwood Blooms...most the time you can cut & locate the leaves anyway you wish. Good luck! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   February 21, 2012 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™