spring please!?!

indigosunshineFebruary 19, 2013

Just got in from walking the pups....wind chill is about -25 F.Brrr! To warm up, I looked through my summer garden pictures. I can see these glass mushrooms right now through my living room window but I think they look better with the green!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinfoilhat

IâÂÂve been out in my pond this week dividing water lilies and I have tender water canna sprouts 4â tall. I may have to cover tomorrow night.
The weathermen here in Tucson get bored saying sunny and warm or sunny and hot so often that they get REAL excited when we have some weather. Tonight they are throwing around words like wind chill, blizzard, 2300â snow level, and 1-3â of snow in Tucson metro area tomorrow.
To quote the National Weather Service for tomorrow, âÂÂThe predicted high in Tucson is JUST 44 to 49 degrees.âÂÂ
I bet youâÂÂd trade your -25 wind chill for JUST 44 to 49F.
Here's a summer pond picture back at you.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Tin_foil_hat/Rainbow1.jpg

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 12:31AM
Marlene Kindred

Here in Virginia, things just look dead and dreary. I had a knee replacement at the end of January, and since I've had to be home all this time, it's getting very depressing looking at all of the gray and lifeless things in my yard. And it's been COLD!! I am ready for spring too! Can't get here soon enough for me.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 11:21AM
indigosunshine

Temperature is all relative! Right now 49F. sounds nice but come September that sounds down right chilly! All what you get used to. Hope you are mending well Marlene! This might be a good time to make a few garden junk projects or surf the net for ideas. Tinfoil ,thanks for the pond pic!

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™