A Simple Birdfeeder

kirkus(5a)February 20, 2011

Hi everyone! Several years ago, Kudzu posted this idea. I found a chicken feeder at Goodwill for 49 cents. Added a blue canning jar to it. (The jar was a quarter at a garage sale.) I'm thinking about adding an enamelware pan to the top to protect the seed. Isn't it a cool birdfeeder? Had to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tehuti

Yup!

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:21PM
sunnyca_gw

That is what I think would be perfect for other side of arbor, especially with enamel cover over it. An antique themed arbor!! Jan

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:24PM
marylee_2010

Kirk - That is a nice birdfeeder. I agree with Jan. I have missed your creations and posts. Glad you are posting again. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:46PM
kirkus(5a)

Great idea, Jan! Thanks, Marylee, for missing my posts! I guess I have been in hibernation...like a bear! LOL I love this forum and am always checking in as to what creative things eveyone is doing... Marylee, you have been soooo creative and inspiring! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:53PM
luna_llena_feliz

Simple, functional and cool! Bob's dad had a bunch of Ball jars that no one in the family wanted. Guess who got them along with two big dented copper kettles? Only a junker could appreciate such an inheritance! lol!

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 1:40AM
oldcrafty(8)

Simple and to the point ........and the birds are gonna be so happy with your latest creation. I like it, especially the blue jar.

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 11:12AM
jeannespines

I like it, too, kirk...used to use some of those when raised chickens! I made one of those solar lights w/blue jars that were posted last Fall, I think.

jan has a good idea...& adding this to your arbor ...& the lid idea you mentioned, too. Can tell you're thinking Spring like DH & I around here...it's snowing today! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 12:06PM
Marlene Kindred

Very cool! I have a chicken feeder, but it's the longer kind and I have a bunch of canning jars, so now I just have to figure out what to do with them, but yours is just really cute and the birdies will love it!

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 2:11PM
nonacook(8bFL)

Great job!
I have about 10 of the bases left from the craft show years, when I used a pint jar, painted a rooster on the jar and added candy corn. Sold a ton of them as 'people feeders'--LOL

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 4:25PM
excessfroufrou(7)

This is cool Kirk. My FIL made some for his Sunday school class to sell sort of like that. The only difference was he drilled a hole in the center of a glass plate and added it upside down to the top, so that it made a cover/roof. I love the blue canning jar.
Frou

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 5:55PM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™