What would you do if...?
What would you do if your spouse killed one of your plants?
I am SO angry! Is murder legal in IL?
I bought a Cinnamon Tree, 11/16/2011.
My tree wouldn't have won any awards, but for 4.00, no biggie, right?
Here's a pic of my Cinnamon, after repotting, pruning, and a dose of SuperThrive.
I discovered Cinnamon didn't like full sun, so I placed in the back yard..way back, out of sight.
While dh was mowing the lawn he knocked my tree down. Of course, soil spilled everywhere, and oh, did I mention? He didn't tell me.
So, guess what he did? He repotted using 'dirt' from the ground! Then placed tree in a southern exposure. Cinnamon was on the left side of a Butterfly bush..he placed it on the right side.
I usually visit my plants daily, but have been busy indoors..
Yesterday, I went in the yard to repot plants.
I decided to check Cinnamon and was shocked what I saw.
95% leaves are dead, 5% are black, and dirts has weeds galore.
I wanted to cry. This isn't the first time he's killed a plant. He doesn't harm plants intentionally, he's clumsy.
What really pi$$es me off; he doesn't confess.
One summer we were painting the house. I was a proud Bromiliad grand-mother. After awaiting 18-months for my Achmea fasciata to bloom, the light pink flower sprouted.
It stood 9 or so inches. I was proud because my Brom was a division from its mom. It took effort and patience.
I had to go upstairs to get something...that's when dh knocked Brom down..sure enough, the flower broke off.
The sneak set the flower in its vase.
I came downstairs and immediately sensed something wrong.
I looked around, and found Brom flower leaning..Before it fell, it stood erect.
My eyes went from Brom to dh..he continued painting like nothing happened, but I KNEW.
I then approached Brom, touched the bloom...it dropped out of urn/vase.
Let's just say harsh words were exchanged that day.
There were other situations, but now my poor Cinnamon Tree may be dead.
Sorry for ranting, but I'm so angry. BTW, I found Cinnamon yesterday, while repotting plants.
Out of curiosity, what would you do? Toni