Skin Burning Sensation

saoodhashimOctober 20, 2013

Beginning with container gardening on roof top of my apartments, I have become exposed to more sun that I usually was. Coupled with the intense sun of Saudi Arabia's desert climate, I am beginning to feel that whenever I go out in the sun evening early morning - as early as 7am - 8am, i feel this slight burning sensation on my face and hands. While this goes off in less than a day or max a day but I am just thinking how to overcome this? I can stay out of sun from 9 am onwards but not before that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
StupidBird

There are many medicines that can make a person photo sensitive, it's quite common. Also many plant juices can do it, lime juice is terrible for sunburns. And me,I'm just sensitive. I keep a big hat and gloves at the door to the garden so I have the habit of grabbing them whenever I step outside

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 11:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glib(5.5)

That is one thing. If you have been sunburned, just getting exposed to sunlight will give you a reaction, even if it is 7pm light, with no UV component (due to the shallow sun angle). Or it could be Omega 3 deficiency, my resistance to sunlight has become ten times better since I eliminated seed oils and started eating only meat that was grass fed.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
Bugs eating my Plants
Hi guys as it is my first time posting, I want to start...
SA_GardenMan
Where is the sweet potato post?
Someone on here wanted to know if sweet potatoes would...
zzackey
Tomatoes in Autumn?
It's late summer, about to be autumn for me, and I...
Heather Riley
Leek starting woes
I'm having trouble getting my leeks going. A couple...
bart1
Looking for Artichoke Plant Enthusiasts
I have eight years experience growing artichoke plants...
Pond Plant Girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™