Even More Finds

dollydee(7-MS)March 10, 2011

Here's the gazing ball & yard art I got when I bought the arbor. Glassware is GW finds yesterday. Several of the plates are doubles & triples...I love the lady head flower pot!

Some of you had asked about us moving, yes we are leaving the Victorian house. Two oldest kids are out on their own now, youngest only has 3 years left in high school. Too much house (3700 sqft) for the three of us, taxes & utilities are too high plus we have to pay tution for small private school here, public school is horrible. We have some family land about 40 minutes from here, new schools that are great, DD has already changed schools and loves it.... and I'm sooo ready to be back in the country where I grew up!!! Get to have horses again :)

Only bad thing is having to start all over with my yard and garden. On a good note though, there is an old house on the property that my sister and I are going to dismantle and make potting sheds for each of us :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

Dolly, you made some really good buys. When you move you will have a whole new area for finding bargains. Having a clean slate to work with will be an adventure for you. So glad your DD likes her new school. That means a lot. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 10:59AM
azcactusflower

Lots of lovely stuff to work with. Forsee lots of neat projects in your future. It will be so nice to have your own potting shed for your garden. Like Marylee says, you will have a clean slate to work on and new ideas, (I'm sure) are percolating in your little ole creative head!!!!
Have fun!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 11:08AM
coppertop367

love all of your finds especially the face flowerpot!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 12:07PM
Marlene Kindred

Well, you get the award for the shopping queen this week for sure! You have been one busy woman! Great finds....love the teapots, dishes, and garden decor too. Your Victorian house was really beautiful, but I'm sure living in the country again will be great too....and starting your garden over means you get to use all the new ideas you've gotten since you started your last one!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 1:04PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

I love, love, love the garden fairy. Green (envy) is not a flattering color on me!

Great finds!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 7:59PM
luna_llena_feliz

I love that pot head too! Great finds! It sounds like you'll have a lot more room for garden junk at your new home. And a potting shed too! What fun that will be!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 11:29PM
jeannespines

A new adventure! & lots of goodies to take along! Have fun! TFS! Great pot-head! I hope the house you're going to tear down (for G'sheds) isn't the one in your pics! Cause that looks like an awesome garden/studio! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 1:22AM
sorie6(6b ok.)

Wow great haul!!! Good luck on your new place. A new adventure is always fun.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™