Getting alittle fresh air

Lamora(4)August 27, 2013

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been on much, but I have been having a hard time with anything these days but getting my knee better, but I do think of all of you often..

anyway, thought I would share some pics of my plants getting some fresh air for a while, hope the overcast stays and the sun don't come out for a while.

This is my Hindu Rope Hoya-- not sure what the white stuff is on this, it is only on these leaves and not spreading to other leaves, and it doesn't come off. Should I just cut the leaves off? or leave it as is? I doesn't seem to be bothering anything for the moment.

and these are my little ones-- some have new starts, some are just sitting there doing nothing. I keep thinking I am doing something wrong.. but they seem healthy so I guess I am not going to worry much--

and this is my husbands pride and joy!! (finally talked him into doing this and getting them off the cieling of the bedroom!!)

(and the truck and rv in the background too-- lol)

Well, I will try to get on more often, post more pictures. (I do have a lot more-- lol)

Hope to see you all soon!
Marjie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teisa(6)

Beautiful plants! I love the H. Hindu Rope too! I have 3 pots of it!

It is kinda hard to tell from the picture but it looks just like a leaf sunburn or damage. I've seen that on mine if part of the leaf dies. I'm sure that is why you are not having any other ill affects from it! So in this case, it is Purely cosmetic. If it bothers you then you can remove , but if not leave it. It will probably regrow a new one if you remove it but may take ... Time.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful plants :)

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:21PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Everything looks great! That's a great collection you've assembled!

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:28AM
Lamora(4)

:) thanks~ I hope they are happy~~ just wish some would flower like they are supposed to.. I am hoping for next year for the hoyas to bloom, should be about that time for them to.. i think. (2 yrs old?)

still don't understand why my Spring Cactus never flowered this Spring. Has me stumped. oh well,, there is always next year :)

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:37PM
Lamora(4)

:) thanks~ I hope they are happy~~ just wish some would flower like they are supposed to.. I am hoping for next year for the hoyas to bloom, should be about that time for them to.. i think. (2 yrs old?)

still don't understand why my Spring Cactus never flowered this Spring. Has me stumped. oh well,, there is always next year :)

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:39PM
Lamora(4)

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:40PM
teisa(6)

Yes I would say mine probably bloomed at 2nd year. They still do need fertilizing and They love it outside or atleast southern exposure in my opinion. You do have a beautiful collection :)

-Teisa in TN

Bookmark   August 30, 2013 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
What kind of plant is this?
I recently purchased a houseplant from b&q but...
hancoll
Avocado Plant Leaf Trouble
I started an avocado plant from a over the winter,...
Patrick Johnston
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
White bugs in saucer under spider plant
I found a pile of these small white bugs in the saucer...
Caitlin Maraist
Sponsored Products
Anderson Loveseat - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
American Standard Seats Champion Slow Close Round Closed Front Toilet Seat with
$36.14 | Home Depot
Synergy 32" Round Brezza Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
3x16 XL Oriental Rug Runner Stone Wash Hand Knotted 100% Wool Peshawar Sh18019
1800 Get A Rug
Rachael Ray Tools and Gadgets Orange 2-piece Wooden Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
Overstock.com