Spider Plant ID

abigail1280(8)August 2, 2010

I purchased 4 spider plants off of ebay and just got them today. It was one auction for all 4. Came with a variegated, reverse variegated, green, and Hawaiian. I bought it more for the reverse and Hawaiian because I already have the other two. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find two green spiders in the package instead of just one, but they're both very different from my green spider and I just wondered if they're a different type of green spider or something else.

This is my green spider. It's pretty young. I got a start from a friend earlier this year.

The two new plants that arrived today. You can see the leaves are much wider than the other.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

They don't look much like spider plants to me.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 11:31PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

3rd one looks more like a Corn Plant (sorry, not sure of its botanical name, maybe one of the Dracenas?)

Doesn't look like a spider to me either (leaves are too wide & I don't remember that striation-type marking).

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 1:17PM
melsmile(9)

I'm gonna have to agree. They don't look like spiders to me either. They both kind of look like a corn plants (D. fragrans) part of the dracaena family.

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
Need Help with the Id of This plant
I need to know the name of this plant and if its a...
lulu627
Moisture Meter?
I have a mechanical moisture meter, and it has increasingly...
trclac
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™