Glass Plate Flowers

puggranny(Zone 8)March 13, 2011

Here are my flowers ?? Ideas on how to make end of PVC pipe pointed so can stick in the ground

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57770544@N04/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azcactusflower

puggranny, LOVE, LOVE your plate flowers. They are absolutely beautiful!! I like the way you adorn them with the flattened glass globs. They really add charm to the flowers. I bet they will really look gorgeous with the sun shining through them..
I am going to mount mine on pvc pipe too. My husband is going to pound a length of 5/8 rebar into the ground so I can slip the pvc pipe over it. He said that should really help hold them steady even in a wind. Sounded like a good idea to me. Hope that helps. I am sure you will get other ideas, maybe even better from our other junker friends. Isn't it nice that we can post a question and KNOW that we will get several answers to it.

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 4:30PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

your flowers are lovely!
I cut one end of the pvc at an angle with the chop saw when I cut them to length. If I'm using metal conduit Idon't bother as it goes into the ground well. Yes do use a piece of rebar inthe ground first to help hold the stems up! Even with that a couple of mine have tipped this winter.
Have fun.
Kathy

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 6:06PM
Marlene Kindred

You've been very busy!! Great job on the plate flowers...so many different varieties and colors!

Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 1:06PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Those are great, love the orange and purple glass combo especially. I need to try those leaves with wire too.

Rebar as suggested is more reliable than trying to point the end of the plastic pipes and stick in the ground.

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 4:05PM
puggranny(Zone 8)

The wire is clothesline wire found at local hardware store-I plan to put a piece rebar in ground and put flower over it

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™