Couple Mushrooms & Wooden Shoes

jeannespinesMarch 2, 2011

DH & I have been pouring mushrooms & some whimsical face rocks for a few weeks now...some didn't set up very good...we tried to use up some old mortar mix in w/other Quikcrete...needless, to say, I have some broken 'crete in my garden mulch & gravel driveway now! LOL!

But, here's a couple I'm putting out in the gardens in a mo or so (when the ground thaws)...used bubble wrap on one & kept the other one kind of natural colored...both are painted w/patio paints tho...the metal rods DH recycled from a patio umbrella.

The wood shoes were a steal! $1 rack at an antique store! 'Shrooms & Shoes, what more could you ask for!!! In this pic, they're sitting on kids' rocking chair...I'm going to plant Hen & Chicks in the shoes, come Spring. Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Wonderful mushrooms. The shoes are neat too.
Kathy

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 5:45PM
jeannespines

Whoops, forgot another pic from last Apr...this is where I like to put 'shrooms...among the mulch & flowers just starting in the gardens:

The bunny was purchased. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 5:50PM
Marlene Kindred

I especially like the mushroom you made with bubble wrap! The shoes will look great with Hens and Chicks in them too.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 5:51PM
luna_llena_feliz

Love your mushrooms! This year I want to play with concrete to make a cast leaf and some mushrooms. I found some wooden shoes at a GW up in northern Wisconsin a few years ago. They are HUGE. I'll have to find them so I can add them to the garden this year. Mine weren't quite as cheap as yours though. TFS!

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 7:06PM
sunnyca_gw

Nice mushrooms, the bubble wrap 1 I like best,Cute bunny in your garden too! I'm trying to bring things in that need touch-up painting & then a couple coats of sealer so they will be ready to put out. The shoes are so neat, I used to see those as a kid in peoples houses. I guess you give them several coats of sealer or use small pots inside the shoes so they will last longer. Jan

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 10:23PM
excessfroufrou(7)

Jeanne, I love the bubble wrap shroom, they will look great soon as y'all thaw out. Those shoes are too cute, they would look good in a tablescape before they clop on out to the yard. It was funny seeing your little chair, DH came home with a little mission oak child's rocker (one rocker missing) that he found curbside just yesterday. He is so good to me. I love the hen and chicks idea, for Christmas a friend gave me a giant splatter ware enamel pan, I'm still debating to punch holes in it or not. I don't think my friend would mind, I was at the GS when she bought it for a $1.00. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.
Frou

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 10:50PM
marylee_2010

Jeanne - Love your mushrooms and shoes. Looks like you are going to be ready for spring. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 9:06AM
jeannespines

Thanks, GJers, for your comments.
I am liking that bubblewrap, too...even if these 'shrooms are not Morel shaped...used a few shades of paint...should look good as they weather. Jan...good for you w/touching up...spring is coming!

frou...it's hard (mentally) to "punch" the holes in a good dishpan! But they do make wonderful GJ...I'm planning on re-planting one again this yr...here's mine...but these perennials didn't make it here in IA over winter(in the enamel pan):

Close-up:

Pics, please, if you do your's up, frou! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 11:18AM
calicocat1967

Oh Jeanne...wooded shoes, you must be shopping in the Dutch community. LOL. They will look awesome with hens and chicks, or any succulent.

Kim

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 5:07PM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Love the mushrooms & those wooden shoes!! They're adorable!!

I found a single wooden shoe at our local Habitat restore & hubby talked me out of it. I went back the next day to get it & it was gone! Hmph! Last time I listen to hubs.

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 5:04PM
More Discussions
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™