Need Advice

Beth71August 4, 2013

I got this at Lowes back in May. I need some advice on how to care for it. The pot does not have a drain hole and I've contemplated drilling a hole in the bottom. I try not to over water, but I never know if or when to water it (especially since there are a few different types of plants). How often should I water and how much? Should I drill a hole in the bottom for drainage? What are some signs of over/under watering? Do I ever need to separate these plants? Can I start a new plant with leave cutting? Does it like to be misted? I keep it indoors and it get lots of light; I would like some advice on light too (does it light direct sun)? Thanks for your advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisonoz_gw

Is it possible to provide a sharper picture, and maybe turn the pot to different angles and post a couple of pics?
I think the front plant is a Fittonia, the rear right looks like a syngonium and the tall one is hard to tell maybe a Croton maybe an Aglaeonema. I can't really tell what that is on the front left.
Not having a drainage hole makes it very difficult, at best the soil eventually sours at worse the plants' roots drown and rot.
It's a nice arrangement but you could do the same by individually repotting them, and placing the pots in a group, or by acquiring a larger pot (with proper drainage holes) and lifting the whole planting into that.
I'm sure you could use that lovely pot for something else - it would also be fine for holding other plant pots, provided they are raised up on stones so they sit clear of any accumulating water.
It's difficult to drill holes in ceramics without cracking the pot but it can be done - maybe your local hardware shop owner could do it or a good handyman neighbour/family member?

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 2:44AM
More Discussions
Help with poinsettia :(
Hello everyone, I really need help with a poinsettia...
oneandtwoarethree
Only 1/2 of a schefflera remaining...
4 years ago, I adopted this schefflera from a bank...
greenintrigue
House Plants
Dracaenta Marginata
davers71
Why does my anthirium want to commit suicide?
This is my anthirium and it is slowly dying? Judging...
sturmzie
Options to water the plant while away from office .
Dear All Would like to know your opinions on any options...
lukein123
Sponsored Products
GAN | Mangas Collection Largas ML2 Rug
YLiving.com
Copeland Furniture | Moduluxe 29-Inch Platform Bed with Clapboard Headboard
YLiving.com
Polaris Sink Brushed Nickel Aqua Glass Vessel Sink and Faucet
Overstock.com
Salsbury Industries Lockers 19000 Series 30.5 in. W x 31 in. H x 8.75 in. D 12
Home Depot
Deknudt Homka 34 x 44 Granada Silver Wall Mirror
$552.50 | LuxeDecor