Went back to the estate sale & bought more!!

dollydee(7-MS)March 7, 2011

I went back today to see if the landscaping stones had been marked down. Saturday they wanted $3 each, well just as I walked up they were sold..ugghh! They were selling EVERYTHING...trees, shrubs, stones, you name it, come to find out house is in foreclosure.

So I walked around and picked up a few more garden art items. I had spoken with them Sat about the storage building, they said they would sell it for $500, today I asked again, said $200. I called DH, he came & looked at it, said there was no way to get it out b/c of trees, fence, etc. Then I looked up & saw the really nice arbor, and you know I had to ask..LOL Salesperson said, let me check..yep, $200 :)

DH said there was $800-900 worth of lumber, $300+ in brackets, screws & bolts

So now I am the owner of a huge arbor that we have to go take down tomorrow :) Pictures do not do it justice. It is extremely well built & in great shape, looks like they had lattice on top, then decided to put tin on top of that.

We're going to be building a deck on the back of the new house, and would you believe typical man thing, he's talking about using my perfectly lovely arbor to build the deck out of??? hmmph..I don't think so!!! Already had the deck in the budget, and I got news for him...I WILL WIN this battle!!! LOL Click on the small pix to see larger ones.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luna_llena_feliz

Lucky you! What's nice is the supports are already cut. I can't wait to see it reassembled in your garden. That's a great buy for one that size.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 12:11AM
jlily(Z6)

Beautiful!! What a great find! Enjoy Jlily

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 11:44AM
excessfroufrou(7)

So Dolly, am I hearing right, are you leaving your Victorian house? The arbor will be great even though it will be a pain to move.
Frou

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 1:14PM
Marlene Kindred

WOW! What a haul...you ARE a lucky girl!!

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 5:40PM
sunnyca_gw

I hope it is bolted as easier to get apart than nailed, that is called a patio cover out here!! You have Paul Bunyon sized arbors there!LOL Will give you some cool shade that is for sure. Be careful getting it down & reassembled!! Jan

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 12:47AM
kathyjb(8)

And it has a great patina!

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 1:14AM
dollydee(7-MS)

Yes, Frou, we are leaving the Victorian house. Two oldest kids are out on their own now, youngest only has 3 years left in high school. Too much house (3700 sqft) for the three of us, taxes & utilities are too high plus we have to pay tution for small private school here, public school is horrible. We have some family land about 40 minutes from here, new schools that are great, DD is already changed schools and loves it.... and I'm sooo ready to be back in the country!!!

Only bad thing is having to start all over with my yard and garden. On a good note though, there is an old house on the property that my sister and I are going to dismantle and make potting sheds for each of us :)

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Acrylic vs. outdoor acrylic
Evening all, I am the school gardening mom for my son's...
uptomyeyeballs
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Sponsored Products
Winged Lounge Chair in Blue
$649.99 | Dot & Bo
Jet Set Giclee Glow Tiger Bronze Club Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Textured Lines Rug 9' x 12' - NAVY
$3,599.00 | Horchow
Cafe au Lait Rectangular Outdoor Coffee Table - Black, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Parker House - Versailles 3pc Museum Bookcase (9030 & 2-9031) -...
Great Furniture Deal
Sherpa Tote Around Town Black Pet Carrier - 43042
$40.99 | Hayneedle
Healthy Choices´┐Ż Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Early C
$255.95 | Bellacor
Safavieh Hand-hooked Sailor Ivory Wool Runner (2'6 x 4')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™