Totems

suebeeeApril 17, 2013

Does anyone have a good way to transport totems?
Thanks, Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowers12

Totems are a pain to transport. I've been using tall tubs and putting a big soft blanket on the bottom and standing the totems up in it and wrapping each one with a towel or big bubble wrap. I can fit about 5 in. I always hope I sell them all so I don't have to take them back home again. People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them. I also have a long tub with a lid that I can usually fit 3 skinny totems in and also wrap them up good so they don't hit on each other. I would love to find a better way too.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:31AM
marquest(z5 PA)

People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them

Yes the totems are the best sellers. The only glass flowers that seem to be preferred is the ones someone post awhile back. These do not look like someone just glued some plates together but real flowers only they are glass.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 2:55PM
marquest(z5 PA)

Susie I forgot to answer your question. The best shipping is you need lots of cushion.

Wrap with foam and pack tight around with styrofoam. Tape the styrofoam around your piece after you wrap with foam and place in a tight box so the piece cannot move and cushion so there is no breakage.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 2:59PM
mjowest(5)

lots and lots of blankets. IF you attached them well enough, they can be laid on their sides. You find out quickly which ones don't have enough silicone!

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 6:51AM
Corkelcol

What did you use in the center for the stamen? And, what did you use for the glue? I went to the Goodwill and found a bunch of cute colorful candle votives and desert cups...I'll be making some for my garden and any advice is welcomed. I even found an old-time ice cream parfait glass. I'm excited to get started.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 11:48AM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

I love the flowers! Marquest, did you say you made the flowers or are they a post from the past?

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 6:53PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

Hi again, I found the glass flower artist's website so I think I will call him directly.

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 9:46PM
amigirl(Fl 9)

Great. Let us know. We would all like to know what the stamens are.

Sue

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 7:39AM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

The stamens in the artist's glass flowers are molten glass shaped onto stainless steel bars.

Hopefully this will motivate/inspire me to get back into my garden junk art.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 12:56PM
mjowest(5)

hey Max- good to see you here again-
weren't you going crazy with school or something? :)

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 3:58PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

Yep life has been crazy for this 62 year old woman with 7 grandkids. I got remarried last September, we're totally remodeling a large abandoned house inside and out, I'm going to school 3/4 time, and working 1/2 time. We went camping in SW Minnesota last month and are hoping to go sea kayaking at the Apostle Islands in August. We're very broke but happy. HOWEVER, our 2 1/2 car garage is still full of junk for garden projects to do in our spare time???? I've been absent from this site for a long time so it's very nice someone remembered me!

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 6:57PM
mjowest(5)

You got the 'box' - I can't remember the little stuffed animal's name! after I sent it! I think you have some of my irises!
and your unique name helps, too!

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 7:08PM
a.girl.named.max(4a)

Wow! Is that your Iris I am admiring in my garden... a beautiful purple/lavendar. I will have to search for the critter's name.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™