Oh the wind!

mjowest(5)April 29, 2012

We live in the boonies, and until the farmer next door plants his corn, there is nothing to stop the wind!

This year, it's been a WINDY, blustery Pooh kind of weather, and it seems NOTHING that isn't tied or wired down stays upright!

Only one fatality so far, but even the front porch isn't immune from this wind!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

mjowest, sounds like Kansas. I was only there once, but I will never forget the wind.

Marylee

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:47AM
jlily(Z6)

We seem to be windy here in KY, too. It makes you better at tying things down. LOL JLily

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:47AM
jeannespines

Hanging pots don't fare too well at our place either ...but we've got alot of trees ...so that helps! You probably don't hang out a lot of windchimes then, uh! I have 1 large one in a more protected area ...at my door garden bench. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 4:35PM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

When I was living up north my house sat on a hill and the wind was wicked. Now in the south the house sits just below a hill....lol I have a ton of windchimes hanging on the porch and when they start ringing I know to watch out for the weather. Sounds beautiful though!!

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 8:53PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I have a 6 lane highway in front of my garden, and the wind is always bad, because it is so open. My climbing rose bush is thriving, but the buds dry up before opening. I took the frame off a standing fan, painted the blades 3 different colors, and the wind had been blowing it over until I put a rock on the base. Now the blades are really turning!

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 8:07AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

I totally sympathize! I've had 2 fairly large potted plants blown off my porch already this year. Seriously considering tying them to the deck boards with fishing line but I move them around so often. 3 feet up is good for sitting, but not so great when plants fall!

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 9:31AM
jeannespines

Let's share some pics .... this is Kirk W's blue bottle windchime that he & Carol shared some time ago on GJ...I've saved it in my 'future files' ....wouldn't want this in the wind lately! ;-) Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 11:09AM
More Discussions
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™