Decorating a Chain Link Fence

Arabella1212April 22, 2011

I have a fairly large backyard that is enclosed with a chain link fence. Does anyone have any pictures of how they have decorated their chain link fence with GJ? Mine is soooo ugly and boring.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Hi Arabella! Welcome! If you go to the search bar at the bottom of the page and type in fence, you should get a lot of posts regarding decorating fences...our junkers have all kinds of fences, so any of the ideas can be used on chain link fences as well. If you want to give yourself a more "solid" backdrop to work with you could get some of those strips that you weave between the links in the fence and go from there. I'm sure some of our other folks will have some ideas as well!

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 10:37AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

A friend on the Texas forum posted there about using plastic lattice panels on her fence. I really like it and have linked it here for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roselee's fence

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 1:41PM
luna_llena_feliz

Dog gone it! I am trying to find which magazine I have where I saw that someone took fabric and wove it into their chain link fence to create giant dragonflies. It was gorgeous! I'm thinking it was a Birds and Blooms magazine but not sure. If I find it, I'll be sure to post the information. They didn't explain how to do it though. It was a contest for the most creative garden decoration.

Thanks for sharing Roselee's fence, rock_oak_deer! Chain link is a very hardy fence but not very attractive. I like Roselee's way of prettying it up too.

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 11:42PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I hope you find it Luna, it sounds fantastic.
Now that we have a little dog, I'm thinking of how to contain him in the back yard, and a low fence on part of the property may be the answer, so I'm going to search here for fence also!

Arabella, i'm assuming you looked at Linda Sew and sews fence posted just recently. She scavanged wood and covered her chain link fence.

Kathy

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 7:32AM
luna_llena_feliz

It was in the February-March 2011 edition of Birds and Blooms. Below is a link to their web site with the winners of the For Less Budget contest. I know everyone here will appreciate the other winners too. The woman who did the dragonflies used plastic tablecloths. It really does look neat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dragonflies on Chain Link Fence

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 9:52PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I found this site--it may have been on here before.

http://www.demakersvan.com

There are pictures of 'lace fence'. I think it could be painted with a large stencil---or freehanded with white or colored paint.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Sponsored Products
Convertible Pet Yard - Model 2200PY - 2200PY
$109.99 | Hayneedle
Under Bench LED Light by Hinkley Lighting
$76.66 | Lumens
Emsco Dackers Adirondack Style Garden Fence - 2 Panels - 2094DS
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Boxwood Roll Christmas Decor
$129.00 | FRONTGATE
Moonrays Outdoor Lighting. Inglenook Outdoor Stained Glass Solar Powered LED Pos
$16.37 | Home Depot
Stoneware Octopus
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
Cordelia Lighting Posts Oxide Silver Cast Aluminum Pier Base 8816-228
$5.20 | Home Depot
Wooden Gate Wall Plaque
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™