Hello all - and a photo of rusty junk!

janetgia(5b IA)April 21, 2013

Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted here but thought I would pop in and say hello! I guess I wasn't paying attention for quite awhile, because I recently hopped over to Webshots to look for some photos I had posted there and discovered that all my albums and photos were gone! I was saddened - my all-time favorite pictures of my good ol' garden junk from the old house were in those albums, and I was really afraid they were gone forever. I did actually find them all - I had backed them up to my computer and didn't even remember doing so! ... and looking at them got me thinking about this forum and all the wonderful ideas shared here! So I'm just stopping in to say HI!!

And just for fun, here is a picture I was inspired to share by ponderpaul, whose rusty tryke is really cool! This is an old two-wheeled dolly I found in the overgrown vegetable garden of our new house when we first moved in a few years ago. I brought it up to the perennial bed and it's been on display ever since.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

It's a beaut! Good find...looks good in your gardens! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 4:20PM
laurastheme(8)

Cool! I like rust!! Welcome back.

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 4:26PM
sunnyca_gw

Nice! Looks like it will last at least another 100 yrs!! What else ya got??? It's kind of slow here as imagine folks are getting ready to get their gardens in. More pics, please!!!! Jan

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 4:42PM
ponderpaul(7a)

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 7:22PM
janetgia(5b IA)

Here are a couple more photos of Hello Dolly. This one shows a front view with an actual blooming flower! LOL I've got oodles more to share of various things... I'll post a few but will try not to make you tired of me already!

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 9:28PM
janetgia(5b IA)

And here she is in relation to the rest of this flower bed. Still very early here - I keep forgetting that. I'm getting impatient for color! That large green clump in the foreground is Surprise Lily foliage - have those ALL over the place!

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 9:30PM
Corkelcol

Love the flamingos...I think they may be coming back. There are quite a few available on eBay these days.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 4:44PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Very nice. Your pieces add a lot of charm.
Kathy

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 9:04PM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™